Novell Groupwise Support on Droid

Last Updated:

1. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone been able to get groupwise to sync with the droid. Companionlink is terrible.

Advertisement
  2. l3rian

l3rian Active Member

I would also like to know this answer!!! I gave up after awhile because my groupwise sucks.. There is a mobile version of the site though that is fairly useful. I just wish I could get push email..

3. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

No, there isn't. However, I've been able to kind of sync the calendars in a round-a-bout way.

I have a Blackberry at work, so I sync my Groupwise to my Blackberry then Google Sync for your phone syncs my Blackberry to my Google account. Then that info gets pushed to my Droid.

Only way I know how. I'd be eager to hear from others.

4. bdal1

Thank you............someone agrees!
    Groupwise is barbaric. The fanboys all say "well you just dont understand the system"
    I say BS! It runs like something I would have used 10 years ago and they are always years behind in compatibility with current technology.
    My IT a-hole won't open pop3 or imap because he claims it is a security risk.

5. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

I thought the title of this was a joke so I had to check to see! Anything Novell is a POS and GW is no exception. To Novell I say, "don't go away mad, just go away!" We just got the last of it off of our network recently and it gave our desktop guys no greater pleasure than to pull the Novell client off of everyone's desktops. Talk about pure rubbish!!

There really is some security risk in opening up those protocals and it could be even worse with a dated implementation. Your IT guy wasn't totally blowin you off without reason...

6. Motormech

Motormech Well-Known Member

Yippers our I.T. folks wont even talk about anything but a Palm. Even then it takes an act of congress and a long list of WHY you just have to have it on your phone. At least I can go into the web version and somewhat function but is not the same. Hopefully the future is something other than Novell.

7. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

You think you got it bad with Novhell, try Lotus Notes. When will companies realize that these clients suck balls.

8. Motormech

Motormech Well-Known Member

When Management stops listening to the smoke the salesmen spout about how great it is and Procurement stops thinking how cheap they can get it. Maybe try something new and listen to the folks that work with the systems.

9. bdal1

10. gwguruman

gwguruman Member

Ask your IT department to look at the new "Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack" solution from Novell. This will allow the current ActiveSync client technology built into most smart phones (iPhone, Android, etc) to sync to Novell GroupWise 8 and >. Your IT department can test this today in their test lab to an Android based phone and many other smart phones - see Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack Technology Preview

Once they get this installed, you can use the built in Android Corporate Email APP and Corporate Calendar APP in your DROID phone to connect to your corporate GroupWise 8 backend using the ActiveSync protocol. Steps to get this to work are outlined at http://gwguruman.fileave.com/DROID%20Setup%20-%20Novell%20Data%20Synchronizer%20 Mobility%20Pack.pdf

11. bdal1

My office uses notifylink for their iphone users and, notifylink just started using touchdown as he client to support android. It works very well

12. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

this is nice IF your company will set it up...

Has anyone seen any USB products like "Groupwise PDA connect" ????

I'm currently using it with a WinMo phone and it works great...

13. MisterWiley

MisterWiley New Member

The link doesn't work anymore, can somebody tell me how to do this?

14. nschoot

nschoot New Member