now facebook isnt working im about to return my droid

Last Updated:

1. roastedpepper

roastedpepper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My facebook app tells me I can't post at this time for two days now. My droid is pissing me off

Advertisement
  2. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

Thats not your droid's fault, that is the app's creator's fault. Just use the browser and go to facebook that way. Its more reliable.

3. tominabox1

tominabox1 Well-Known Member

I saw elsewhere that there has been issues with Facebook's mobile stuff so just chill and give it a couple days to clear up

4. roastedpepper

If Facebook was the only issue Id be okay but its not.

5. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

We cant help you if you dont ask...

6. roastedpepper

Sorry I'm pissed. It crashed the msging app several times the home screens went blank I had to restart it three times

7. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Are you still within your first thirty days of owning it? I saw what you posted about the texting, and it's the first I've heard of such behavior. If you are within that limit, you can go back to VZW and have then swap it out fors new one. That MAY solve your Droid problems.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Sorry, forgot to mention that doing that won't fix a problem on FB's end.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. baka

baka Well-Known Member

1. calm down a bit dude. i dont think you're the only one. i know mine is doing it too and its not fun. also, as others have said, its not the droid's fault - its the people who made the app. i think everyone agrees that the fb app for the droid is the worlds worst. just gonna have to deal with it or use the web based fb version or another app - which is the beauty of android (if you dont like it or it doesnt work, use another one or make it yourself).

2. just curious to know if you knew what you were buying before you bought it. android = open source mobile os = bound to have some issues. especially when its only at 2.1. look how long bb, apple, ms, palm, have had to try and work things out and they still have problems. if you want something thats gonna give less problems, get an htc with sense. also, dont put so many random apps on it that might not actually work properly, this could be causing some issues.

sorry, not trying to be a jerk but i hear this from tons of friends who wanted to get something cool after i touted the droid around. some ditched iphones and now everyone is complaining. you're part of a movement and its about the openness of the os and how carriers could possibly begin to lose control. either work thru some issues or go buy an iphone.

10. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

use m.facebook.com, or touch.facebook.com or even facebook.com.. there are more than enough ways to access your pokes. ;)
    I'm in the same boat as you, the app is completely inconsistent in connecting and posting.

11. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Screw the app, just use the actual website! That's the true beauty of the droid, I use the full version of facebook in the browser without a problem.

12. refuzeandrezizt

refuzeandrezizt Well-Known Member

Mines crap 75% of the time also. I love the touch version of the site in the browser, much better IMO.

13. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

my facebook app is working wonderful, I love this droid, way better then my past winmo phones

14. refuzeandrezizt

refuzeandrezizt Well-Known Member

Yeah, mine usually works pretty decent too, as long as I don't try to post a reply to anyone :-(

15. roastedpepper

It was my Facebook app that messed up my phone all's well again sorry had a stressful day yesterday.

16. roastedpepper

And I did know what I was getting into when I bought the phone and I found that comment offensive I don't want an iPhone I like Verizon too much and I hate people that act like their OS is a religon

17. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

its facebook.... not the end of the world.