• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Now Rooted. Can't Find Rom Installation Instructions?

jfenton

Jul 31, 2010
I've tried...I really have.

I have downloaded the Fresh 3.3.0.1 to my desktop and have no clue what to do next.

Every thread I follow leads to discussions of folks doing it, having issues, etc but I never actually find instructions on how to do it?

Could anyone be a kind soul and point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I don't have a thread to point to, but...

copy that zip and get the radio update zip too and put them on the root of the SD card.

power off the phone

power up the phone by holding vol down + power until the bootloader comes up. It'll take just a sec saying no zip found. Scroll down to 'recovery' using the volume rocker and hit power to select that. The phone will reboot into recovery.

Once in Recovery, choose factory reset, clear cache, then go to advanced and clear the dalvik cache.

then choose 'go back' and you'll be back at the recovery menu. Choose install zip from SD, select zip from SD, choose the fresh zip and install it. Once that completes choose the radio zip. Once the radio zip applies reboot and wait for it to boot. It will take longer than normal the first time.

Setup your phone and you're good to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones