• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Now that 30 days have passed, I'm "at peace" with my Evo

lol, and I haven't seen anyone so far in lala land. To each his own I guess =]

Lalala land? Not quite... I am happy with the EVO and can accept it's flaws without having a stroke...

It does many things well for a phone...

It's NOT the savior of cell phones... It does many things on a much smaller scale. It's NOT a replacement for a HQ camera, or camcorder, it's NOT a replacement for a PC / Laptop, it's NOT a replacement for my TV...

It can do all of these on a smaller level and it's does them pretty darn well for it's size and combination of all things stated about...

I can tell you are a glass half empty person, and that's fine... It's what make the world turn....

Upvote 0
Lalala land? Not quite... I am happy with the EVO and can accept it's flaws without having a stroke...

It does many things well for a phone...

It's NOT the savior of cell phones... It does many things on a much smaller scale. It's NOT a replacement for a HQ camera, or camcorder, it's NOT a replacement for a PC / Laptop, it's NOT a replacement for my TV...

It can do all of these on a smaller level and it's does them pretty darn well for it's size and combination of all things stated about...

I can tell you are a glass half empty person, and that's fine... It's what make the world turn....

At least you realize it now, cause you even thought that your evo had a different camera lense...lol...that pretty much sums la la land all up. Thing is, with a 8mp camera it could replace most digital cameras that consumers buy, not talking about professional photographers here.

Honestly? with that argument of yours, it can apply to everything and everything would be perfect as well. You say the evo is not the savior of cellphones yet you describe it as such, saying you love everything about the phone. Everything has a flaw, and being aware of it is a good thing for future purposes (in this case for future phones). You remind me of how my friends think that the iPhone is the Jesus Phone, no flaw, nothing. The perfect phone.

Upvote 0
It is not a camera! Can that 200.00 camera make a phone call or post to Facebook or sync to your Calendar or send a text or a picture message or upload pictures it take immediately to Facebook or Flickr or PhotoBucket. Can it email, play music from any of 5 plus music sources? I do have to agree the audio sucks on the video compared to a few other phones that have video recording because it does not have a noise canceling mic. Also because it IS NOT A CAMERA. Sorry but it ticks me off when people are all about the camera they got on these kinds of devices.

Reactions: raqball
Upvote 0
It is not a camera! Can that 200.00 camera make a phone call or post to Facebook or sync to your Calendar or send a text or a picture message or upload pictures it take immediately to Facebook or Flickr or PhotoBucket. Can it email, play music from any of 5 plus music sources? I do have to agree the audio sucks on the video compared to a few other phones that have video recording because it does not have a noise canceling mic. Also because it IS NOT A CAMERA. Sorry but it ticks me off when people are all about the camera they got on these kinds of devices.

um..some cameras do some of the features you mentioned...how is this relevant to anything? why do people try and justify the errors saying "it's a phone guys, a PHONE!!" yes, it is a phone, but it's also meant to do other things, and do them right. If I wanted "just a phone" I would of kept my razor. For ecample PS3/360 is a game system first but it also has a web browser, can play music, videos, blu rays, netflix, etc... and i love those features because it does them right (except maybe web browsing). I'm not saying the systems are perfect and the flaws it has, I also am aware of it and say them.

Seriously, you guys are as bad as iphone fanboys. All I did was say my opinion on the camera, and you guys act like I damned Christ or something.

Upvote 0
all,

the EVO is a multimedia device. just like in an integrated stereo system (that has the receiver, preamp, tuner all in one box vs. having separate units, a nod to the 80s audiophile) or any device that does many features, by definition tha device has to accept compromises.

the evo shoot in HD at 720p yes. does that compare to a Sony EX3 camera that shoots (among many other resolutions) 720p? no way. different imager, bigger imager.

so if you feel the imager on the evo does not meet your expectations. thats perfectly fine. lets all agree to disagree. i see no issues with the imager. as long as you are in good lighting situations, you will take some great images.

EVO photo:

4671527207_683bc871cd_b.jpg

4671531551_273cbd6678_b.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones