Now that I'm rooted....How do I stop Backup Assistant from always running????

Last Updated:

1. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 23, 2010
    Once upon a time I accidently thought backup assistant would be useful and set it up. Now ever since setting it up it runs in the background like an annoying pest. I have cleared the cache as online recommendations have mentioned, but Backup Assistant STILL runs in the background and restarts if forced to quit.

I'm now rooted and have the Clockwork recovery mod on my phone....what can I do now to permenantly banish "Backup Assistant" from running? I've heard of people deleting it but then having problems with syncing FCing. So I'm just looking to slam the door in its face.

2. lahegry

lahegry Active Member

Jan 16, 2010
    dl titanium backup (free or paid) under backup/restore click on app you want to delete and press uninstall that should do you:D:D
  3. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Can't you just tell it to not sync. Things that are in the background are not necessarily running. At the most it's uploading your contacts for a couple seconds per day. It also looks like the android os does perloading of any apps you may have used so they seem to load faster if you decide to use them.

The OS will dump them if it gets low on memory. Anyways it seems like it would be easier to just turn of the syncing and ignore the fact you see it loaded.

Of course I may not know what the hell I'm talking about so gut the phone if you want.

Have you tried a different ROM?

I just installed the jager1.7 sense ROM and it's and nice sense rom with all the cool root tools already installed and BA is set to do nothing.

If you want to get rid of senseUI he has one with most of it stripped out.

You would learn how to flash new ROMs and stop BA all at the same time.:D