now that root is possible...

Last Updated:

1. IRunGameEP

IRunGameEP Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible to get vanilla android on the incredible? I'm not to thrilled with the sense UI and I'm kind of worried about future updates. Is it possible to load a vanilla rom on the incredible and update manually for future updates?

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Not yet, they need to release the nand recovery console first. Then you'll need to wait for someone to release a vanilla rom for the incredible. Don't go flashing another phones rom onto your incredible, make sure it has been tested and approved for the incredible. Also don't install the initial release of any rom, most of them have bugs that will need to be worked out within the first week or so.

3. JustinD2473

JustinD2473 Well-Known Member

I would also like to have this. I'm sure it's coming soon tho.

4. IRunGameEP

IRunGameEP Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, and once all that is done, we wont need to worry about Verizon dragging their ass with updates right? We'll be able to update every time a new version of android comes out like the N1?

5. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

In theory yes, however the ROMs will need to be modified with the drivers for the Incredible. For example, wireless drivers, cpu drivers, etc (N1 and Incredible use a CPU from the same family, but different model numbers)