Now that the N1 can run Sense...

Last Updated:

1. mbell75

mbell75 Banned This Topic's Starter

Anyone thinking about getting one whether it comes to Sprint or not? You would have the best of both worlds. A great phone with a killer processor running Sense 2.1 and the ability to upgrade to the newest version of Android as soon as its released. Sounds pretty good.

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

na i prefer ut without it. after playing with it on my bros hero i only liked the keyboard.lol

3. John_Droid

John_Droid Well-Known Member

By the time the CDMA Nexus one is available for Verizon (and therefore assuming that it could potentially work with Sprint as well), the Nexus One will be old news.

Given that I would prefer to stay with Sprint, I'll hold out for the 'Supersonic'. All of the goodies of the Nexus One PLUS 4G/WiMax.

4. mbell75

Hmmm. I dont think a phone with a 3.7 inch AMOLED display and a Snapdragon processor is going to be "old news" by summer. The 4.3 inch phones like the SS wont be out till end of the year. The N1 should be on Verizon and Sprint by summer. Also, do you want to sit around and let Sprint decide if they want to upgrade your phone or would you prefer an N1 and get your update when its released?

5. John_Droid

John_Droid Well-Known Member

Yeah, "old news" may have been an overstatement. Really more of a reference to the potential 4G Supersonic that has my interest peaked, since the rest of the specs look pretty darn similar.

I do like the thought of updates straight from Google, but if you're into rooting your phone, you can have lots of fun, independent of the software release schedule of the phone manufacturer / service provider...

BTW, my reading is that Sprint plans a 4G phone first half of this year, rumored to be the SS. Nothing confirmed, just rumors / speculation.

6. mbell75

Yea, that was the rumor but Sprint already killed it yesterday. They wont have the SS (or similar phone) out till end of the year.

7. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I would bet they have their first 4G android phones out by October, same time as the Hero was released. It would make perfect business sense to have so many of their users on the Hero upgrade to the SS right away, since most of them are premier accounts anyway.