Now that we're used to the phone, how are you guys sending full screen MMS Pictures ?Support

Last Updated:

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Still, same issue since i had the DInc from day 1, picture looks great, full 8mp, great looking, fills entire screen. I send an email, says converting to MMS, and it brings my great picture to a thumbnail size pic to other people who have DInc, BB storm, Iphones, and N1s. I see the UI resizing the picture but it's resizing it to something like 70kb, instead of resizing it to the max of 1200kb. When you resize it that low (70kb), you're losing almost 90% of the image size, my brother, who has a storm2, has to download the picture, then zoom it will give him a better picture, but if he doesnt do that, he gets only half a page.

I tried to change size to 5mp, to try to get it to somewhere around 1100kb, which will bypass the phone from resizing it and that seems to work, but it's hit or miss due to the texture of the picture, some will go WAY over 1100kb even if i use the 5mp option. Have we figured out how to send full screen, hi res shots to end users that have capable phones? its 2010 and almost everyone has a smart phone in some way shape of form, i hate that they are not receiving the full benefits of our camera when sending?

I know the quick answer is to send an email and call it a day, but not many people i know have their email setup on their phone......sorry to complain and bitch about it, but i just can't figure it out, i think i might be doing something wrong.

Advertisement
  2. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

If you use handcent for your messaging app it resizes/compresses much better than the stock app. usually an 8 MP picture will shrink down to about 300-400k for me and they look good.