Now that you guys have played with 2.1General

Last Updated:

1. hookedMD

hookedMD Active Member This Topic's Starter

...for a few days, how is the battery life with "normal" use compared to 1.5?

Thanks

Also, don't remember seeing this but can you do a hard reset and go back to 1.5? Or if the official OTA come out and is different can you switch to this?

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

Battery life seems to be better.

As far as rolling back, no, I don't think you can right now, but there's nothing conclusive for either side of the argument. We'll find out soon enough, though. The major question right now for that have upgraded is if the OTA 2.1 is still an option for us, or will it cause problems with the leaked version we have.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I've been messing with the phone on and off all day, surfing, installing apps, deleting apps, even used it as a phone :) . I'm currently at 67% battery, so it may or may not be better, but it's certainly no worse.

No.
    Yes.

4. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i have not noticed a difference in battery but i put 2.1 on friday night so i have not gone through a normal weekday at school yet to know for sure. but i can say for sure that there is no going back to 1.5 after you flash the 2.1 rom. and i have heard from a few sources that we should get the ota but if not we will be able to flash it over the same way we got the leak.

lahegry and hookedMD like this.
  5. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

for me battery life is way improved.
    the phone was actually doing ok on 1.5 when i stopped playing with it all the time and it was my 'normal' use...now i have been fiddling with it like its brand new and doing way better. I only have 34 is hours on it but I noticed the battery fell off a bar this morning and thought crap...then checked the handy battery meter and saw it was 2 hours off the charger and i had been dl'ing apps from market, surfing here and hofo rearranging stuff the whole time. I'd say not to shabby

6. hookedMD

thanks for the reply

where have you heard we would get the OTA? my fear is not being able to get future updates to the ROM...

any other opinions or thoughts?

7. ericDylan

i do not remember where but i am pretty sure it was OTD that said as long as whatever is being pushed through OTA has a different code or whatever (not sure about all the terminology) then our phones will get it.

and IMHO installing the upgrade was well worth it and it is like a completely different (better) phone!

ill look and see if i can find her post. if i can i will edit this one and put it here.

edit: found this http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/24622-eris-v2-x-when-62.html#post406438 Jrz is pretty reliable but i think OTD has a more dtailed post. still looking

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/24622-eris-v2-x-when-62.html#post406617 NKT=another reliable source

found it http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/24622-eris-v2-x-when-58.html#post404988

8. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Battery life is incredible by me. But I've been wondering if it's the 2.1 or the fact that all my old apps are history? I only installed handcent and Touchdown, oh yeah and Pandora and Spare Parts. But maybe the 2.1 versions are optimized better. Not sure what's up but it's now nearly 5 PM and I have only lost one bar after texting, calling, being on a mountain out of signal range for about 2 hours and checking email. I used to be down to under half power if not having to put in my second battery. Also, not sure if anyone else had this issue, but the transition from my wireless to 3G is totally seamless now. It used to kick me off whatever I was doing for a few seconds. Not now.

9. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Battery is different. No longer use a Task Killer, just check my "Running Services" every once and a while.

I've been using the new Battery Use feature as well to monitor my usage.

I can say that I'm experiencing much better battery life.

10. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

Battery life seems significantly better for me, too, though that stuff's hard to quantify ...

11. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

My 1750 is lasting longer. This is just an educated guesstimation, but I'd say about 15% longer.

12. outkast7222

outkast7222 Member

I think mine may actually be a little worse, but I also have more power hungry apps installed with 2.1 than I did with cupcake. Either way I really like the way 2.1 feels and that may be hurting battery life still......just can't seem to set it down.

13. davros

davros Well-Known Member

with heavy use battery is dead but with my normal use its better. i still have 30% at almost 9pm which would never of happened before. 2.1 is just like said earlyelr is like a new and better phone! i'm glad i did it and have no worries of not getting the update either OTA or off a site. its FASTER btw

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

14. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

One bar down and it's nearly 7 PM. Off charge at 6 AM. This is unheard of in my world.

15. hookedMD

so there is no factory reset option in settings? or does a factory reset go back to the leaked 2.1?

16. ericDylan

yeah it just resets everything but you would still have the leaked 2.1 rom

17. bowerman

bowerman Guest

I'm pretty sure factory reset would just take it back to factory settings in 2.1.

18. kwojo23

kwojo23 Member

So wait, how do you guys have 2.1 already?

19. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

Somebody hasn't been paying attention ... :rolleyes:

20. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Wait just a sec, I know there is a thread about that somewhere.....it may take me a little while to find it though.:rolleyes:

W4LLY and ericDylan like this.
  21. kwojo23

kwojo23 Member

Lol I clicked around on other threads (which I realize I should have done sooner before posting) & now I know what's going on. Sorry :)
    I'm going to wait till the official release happens though...I know I'd royally screw up my phone. I'll just be patient.

22. ericDylan

bahahaha i lol'ed :D:D

23. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

My battery life has doubled since 2.1

24. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I actually think my battery is worse with 2.1 I play with mine all the time anyway so...(twss!)

25. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Same here. It is going to be a while before I get anywhere close to "normal usage".