Now that you have your Droid X, you can trade in your old phones.

Last Updated:

1. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wanna preface this by saying that i KNOW this isnt the best way to get the most money for some old phones. so, dont flame.

However, Verizon now allows you to get money for trading in your phone. You simply go to this website:

Verizon Trade In

At that point, Verizon will appraise your phone with a couple questions. Once you get that appraisal, they will give you some options, then they will send you an envelope to ship the phone in, and you send in the phone, and they send back a card with the $ on it.

Of course, if youre trading in something new, and in demand, you wont get nearly as much money if you sold it on eBay. However, who is gonna buy your old chocolate 3 or juke or anything like that on eBay. Hey, at least you can get something for it now.

It might not be worth it for a lot of people, but some of us have bunches of old phones layin around. maybe trading em in will get ya some cash for that multimedia dock you've had your eye on.

It's a brand new program, so I thought I would put it out there.

Advertisement
    Btros likes this.
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

3. kg2128

kg2128 Well-Known Member

Definitely agree about gazelle vs verizon. I don't know if there are any rules about posting the exact values so I will just discuss the ratio. I appraised my old storm 1 in good not great condition, and gazelle offered exactly 6.5 times the amount verizon offered. Verizon offered virtually nothing, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised though. The good news i guess is competition doesn't hurt, maybe other trade in places will improve their offers.

4. sund0wn

they may not have the best offers, but hey, at least they are offering something. that's more than i can say for most of the other carriers.
    and i think it's especially cool that a lot of the phones go to hopeline, which is pretty great. hopeline is a program in which verizon gives phones (and lines) to victims of domestic violence that can be used in case of emergency, or for victims that have been displaced from their homes, and have lost the means for communication. i think it is pretty noble that they are willing to pay money for a phone, which they turn around and donate to someone in need.

5. sund0wn

i just appraised a blackberry curve 8330. verizon offers $20, gazelle offers $17.

eris: verizon - $132, Gazelle: $86

6. hyperlite

hyperlite Well-Known Member

hahaha $28 for my blackberry tour. i paid $220 for that thing exactly one year ago. Gazelle will give $60...however i actually feel guilty about the possibility of someone else owning this phone. It works perfectly...until it doesn't. for the 5th time.

7. sund0wn

amazing how quickly tech value drops. saw a couple Droid Xs go on ebay today for less than $300, and none went for over $350 (except a couple that had one bid that were obviously the seller). just a few weeks ago they were going for $500 easy.

8. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member

Before when I had a week old HTC Incredible, I was thinking about going to sprint for the EVO. Well they also have a trade in program and state they will give up to $300 for a phone. So I went in there to see what they would give me for the inc (one week after its release), and it was $30!?!?!? What kind of super device to you need to be trading in at sprint to get that $300 tradin credit>? A brandnew Incredible couldnt even break $50. I laughed at them, then went back to verizon and preordered my X. ****ing joke.

9. sund0wn

seriously. $30 is just a slap in the face. they probably woulda had a better chance at your business if the weren't offering anything at all.

10. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Hey man I'm truely not being a smart ass or anything as it does seem like a good thing to do..... but reading this I was thinking to myself, "only in America would there be a charity giving away cell phones to those in need"!

Lmao ;)

11. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Trading in my wife's POS Eris for $132, lol it was worth more than my Droid 1 and my new X.

12. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

$8 for my Storm. Based on it's perfomance, probably a fair price. lol

13. sund0wn

i know, right? lol

14. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

A 32gb iPhone 3GS for $36? They are getting $350-400 on eBay. I've lost some respect for Verizon.