Now that you know the full specs..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. SupremeBeaver

SupremeBeaver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 10, 2010
    of the Desire HD since HTC just announced it, would you Desire owners consider upgrading to this? For those who dont know the specs:

HTC launch the Desire HD (formerly known as the HTC Ace) - Android @ MoDaCo

Major specs:

Newer Snapdragon 8255 processor with Adreno 205
    768 MB ram
    4.3" SLCD screen
    DLNA for HD output to screen.
    1.5 GB internal storage
    Wifi n support

The reason why im putting this in this forum is because i wanted to get the opinions of current Desire owners. For the past few months everyone had the impression that the Desire HD was going to be exactly the same as the Desire except with a bigger screen. I think its safe to say now thats not the case at all.

So how does that make you feel? Especially those who just purchased their Desires. It's still a new phone so im sure there's plenty of you. Would u consider upgrading to the Desire HD?

2. Gisbourne

Gisbourne Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    As I'm now bound to a contact with my Desire for the next two years the short and simple answer is 'no'!

If my contract was nearing renewal then for sure, but that's technology for you... ;)

3. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I like the sound of the new features but I'm not sure the larger screen is what I want. What I'm most impressed with is the new Sense UI which I hope will arrive on the Desire.

I'm also in a contract so the answer is No, but if I wasn't in a contract it would probably be Yes. When I do come to upgrade though, who knows what HTC will have to offer!

I guess I could probably sell my Desire for a pretty decent amount and put the difference in and buy the Desire HD outright? But I imagine it will be expensive - the Desire is around
  4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009

The answers this thread would have gotten would be one of the following anyway:

yes, my contract runs out soon.
    yes, i buy all my phones sim free
    no, i'm stuck on a contract.
    no, waiting for a 4.3" with better gpu.
    no, the screen is too big
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

May 25, 2010
    I was going to move it, but decided not to.

My answer is Happy with what I have. Also, although its 4.32, isn't it the same resolution, meaning lower DPI?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.