Now the wake time is 100% - not sure why...General

Last Updated:

1. heyjoojoo

heyjoojoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, when I first got the phone and read this forum about the short battery life, I checked my wake time based on the info read in this forum. And it was running 26-30%. I checked several times a day and it remained that way.

I have since installed several apps and now I see it at 100%. I'm not sure which app is causing this but I'm fairly certain that's the problem. Where can I check to see the list of apps that are causing this? Or do I need to just uninstall all the apps - (which would rather not do...)

- Kareem

Advertisement
  2. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

what apps did you install? I know a few that cause it.

3. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

The battery history information in the app Spare Parts should be able to tell you. I think 'partial wake usage' since last boot or last charge should give away the offending app.
    Let us know if you figure it out so we can all avoid it :p

4. heyjoojoo

Hmmm... now it's at 53%.

But here are the apps I have installed:

phit droid deluxe
    air control
    bonsai blast
    bubble burst lite
    fast food
    hyperspace lite
    jewels
    minikeyboard
    moon phase
    tic tac toe
    trap!

5. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

All of your apps are running in the background. I suggest downloading Advanced Task Killer Free and cancel all the apps.

6. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Now this is what I don't get. Why would he download ADK when some of his apps are supposed to be running? The only thing this does is cover up a problem by adding a problem.

@heyjoojoo

Are you using the back button or the home button to exit out of your apps? Many apps, especially games, have a tendency to stay open and running if they are not exited properly. When you plan to leave an app you can also hit the menu button on many apps and see if there is a quit or exit option. Either of these methods will stop those apps from running and save your battery while lowering your awake time.

If your awake time is dropping then you may not have to worry about any of this though.

7. ludist210

ludist210 Well-Known Member

No no no. Just exit out of them by using the back button when you're done. Android will take care of itself that way, and your battery will last longer that way.

I used to use ATK, then read an article on why you shouldn't use task killers (thanks OfTheDamned) with Android. It was built in Linux, not in Windows. It doesn't need to act like Windows.

8. heyjoojoo

Ah, now it's 19%. I wonder what was running this morning that had it at 100%...