Now what?

Last Updated:

1. TheLupineOne

TheLupineOne Member This Topic's Starter

I've finished the installation instructions given here and got a successful testrun. (Hello World!)

Now, I'd like to come clean.

I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE OF PROGRAMMING IN JAVA.
    This was also my first time with Eclipse.
    I do, however, have some experience of programming in C++.

Now that's out of the way, what is my first steps to creating my first android app?

Good any good absolute beginner tutorials?

Advertisement
  2. tmette

tmette Well-Known Member

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. It actually took me a while to get the whole Eclipse and Android SDK install figured out. Now I'm feeling more comfortable, I have figured how to run an app in the Virtual device or using my actual Motorola Droid.

Right now I'm going through this book, which is based on Android 1.6, but is still giving me a pretty good idea of how everything flows together.

The only programming I knew before this was HTML/CSS and a little bit of XML, which is actually helping me out.

3. samogorm

samogorm New Member

The first thing you'll have to do when creating an application is to plan it. You need to know ho many classes you are going to need and how many objects that you will need for that class in order to code it.

If you have no experience in Java whatsoever then I suggest you download Blue J and read through the book called "Objects First With Java: An Introduction using Blue J".

You can download Blue J for both Windows and Mac at the Blue J website.

This is really helpful when you first start out learning Java because when you have no experience in Java, Eclipse can be quite intimidating.

I'd also take a look at the latest version of "Android Application Development for Dummies".

Hope this helped!