Now with 2.1 Leaked! When can we expect Sprint's version?

Last Updated:

1. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:confused: So now that allot of folks here are running the 2.1 beta version? It has quiet down the expectulation on when we will recieve the lastest & greatest 2.1 update from Sprint. That being said I know that this has been brought up on other forums, But do you think Sprint 2.1 release will bring additional software than the leaked verison? Examples like pinch to zoom?

I would like to know when they will update and see what other things will come 2.1 update versus the leaked if any?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Wingzfan61

Wingzfan61 Well-Known Member

I know theres a couple things left out of the beta, One might possibly be pinch zoom but nobody really knows if the phone can indeed do that with the current hardware. The other stuff left out was the flan gallery which is ok as long as the fragments are fixed in our version. Other than those 2 things I dont think theres really anything besides bug fixes that could come out.

3. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

honestly I would not expect sprints version until June

4. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

It's really best if you dont 'expect' things from Sprint, but find yourself pleasantly surprised when they actually follow through.

5. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

Look...we don't know what the official will bring and will not bring. We just got a leak version lets be grateful for that and then let everything else take it's coarse. We can't know about something that doesn't exist *yet*. SDX are on the ball with everything regarding 2.1 related thus far.

No more threads like this? Thank you.

6. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Does anyone think they will include a new launcher. Was the N1 launcher specific to the N1 or was it 2.1 launcher?

7. Wingzfan61

Thats wishful thinking. 2.1 is the main topic of discussion for our phones. Without threads like this the moment section will be very quiet until the release does come. Part of the fun in waiting for a new OS is speculation.

8. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Sprint will release their version once SDX and all of SDX's beta testers are finished polishing the release.

The thing about us geeks is that we love to tinker and Sprint knows that. Dozens of devs and many more QA people for free. Who could ask for more?

Sprints service is great and the options we get for the money paid is terrific. I'm okay with being an unofficial beta tester if that means I get previews of the new stuff. And when I tire of doing it, I'll just be a patient little boy and not whine about not having it.

9. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

Well I didn't look at it that way my bad. Carry on.

Also I "think" that's the nexus 2.1 launcher is standard 2.1 could be wrong tho. Either way Helix is better. helps use up that real estate.

10. Wingzfan61

Completely agree. I dont like that N1 doesnt slide. Ive grown quite fond of swiping instead of clicking.

11. Iforgit

Iforgit Well-Known Member

This is just more speculation but BAW is still down right now, and the sprint website just got an overhaul. I would think they will give it at least a week or 2 to work out all the kinks before they push out an update.

12. ebrperk

ebrperk Active Member

13. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When say Helix is better? Have you tried Openhome in comparison? I have openhome now and I think is pretty good! But this what is all about..."different strokes for different folks"...lol

14. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Thats the beauty of android... Options and variety :D

Its great that we have the choice to utilize either choice or even another ;)

15. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

I prefer helix cause it doesn't add extra things I don't really need other than ability to make more screens and be able to dock on the sides of the launcher *bugged the hell out of me that it wasn't standard!*

I tried open home on my friends hero, it was alright didn't go trough it much, it did lagg his phone tho, BUT he wasn't rooted or anything so maybe that were the case.

16. kbrn

kbrn Well-Known Member

Lmao... Sad but true!

17. cbrooks105

cbrooks105 Active Member

Just tweeted...

sprint
    Android users: We hear you re: 2.1 update; still on track for early Q2. Details as soon as avail. Many thanks for your continued patience.

18. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

actually its not 2.1 standard just nexus 1 unfortunately

19. hiddenassassin

hiddenassassin New Member

So... that means still on track for April right? May would be mid Q2 and June is late Q2... I guess April 30 at latest if this is true...???

20. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

April 14 anyone?

I hope that they already have builds significantly better than the leaked dd03/dc23 being tested. Neither are close to what I would consider release ready. I would much rather they missed their target date than release a partially finished and buggy system that needs immediate patching to be acceptable.

21. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Agreed, however judging from their previous actions they thought that Moment+cj05 was release ready. They have VERY different opinions about quality programming than... well... EVERYONE else.:eek:

22. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

The earlier official 2.1 update is released, the earlier corresponding source code will be released. If Sprint.com website update continues to falter, there will be delays to the update. April 23rd is my guess.

23. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member

I'm gonna put in my guess...April 27th

24. blindnoir

blindnoir Member

I just want a set date... nothing more.

25. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member

The date will be set the day that Sprint releases 2.1. That way Sprint will not be breaking any promises by setting a date and then not getting it out on time.

The only thing firm, date wise, is early second quarter. That's some time in April. They still have more than half the month to release it on time.