• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Now you can live without fear of bricking

Remember how when you first turned on the Droid for the first time you got that "Click the Android icon to start" screen and you got put through a call to Verizon that activated your phone? You'll have to do that again.

Ahhh, that is why I'm confused. The verizon guy must have done that for me when I bought the phone. Cuz he just handed me the phone and I was ready to go. Didn't have to do anything.

Joe

Upvote 0
I'm trying to flash back but nothing happens when I hold up on the dpad or when i hold down and camera. I can't acutally turn my droid on either, when i hold the power button nothing happens. This is after I tried to used nandroid to restore a ROM. Can anyone help me out here?

Edit: I think I figured it out.

Upvote 0
Just for clarification, as I'm assuming it does happen. But does using this method wipe all the data from the SD card as well?

Big thanks to all the guys who worked together to get these files out to the public.. I'm sure they'll come in handy for a lot of people who have friends that aren't too tech-savvy that mess stuff up while trying to root or something.

Upvote 0
Hello to you all :)

I'm new here and I have a Motorola Milestone from the UK. For those that are not aware this is the Eurpean version of the Motorola Droid.

I'm looking to root my Milestone but not sure if the same procedure that you guys follow for the Droid will work and was wondering if you guys would be kind enough to help me out here.

I was able to upgrade to 2.0.1 using ROMS and RSDLite from these links
motorola_milestone:tools:rsd_lite [And Developers]
motorola_milestone:sbf [And Developers]

Also is there any point in rooting? Are there many custom ROMS out there that are worth having? I know one of the benefits is that we can install newer updates without having to wait for them to be pushed OTA.

If I'm posting in the wrong place then please do accept my apologies.

Regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones