NSESoid/NESoid on Ally sound problems!Support

Last Updated:

1. nkupianist

nkupianist New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Ally for roughly one month, and LOVE it, other than one annoying problem. I have two emulators, SNESoid and NESoid. When I load either, if I don't disable all sounds, the sound is very choppy/distorted and the game is boggy. I've played around a bit with the frame rate settings, but to no avail it seems. Does anyone know of any potential settings in the program or in the phone settings that could be causing this, and what I might try to fix them? Thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Both sound and lag is caused by hardware, I think with Froyo emulators will work fine because of how much faster it is, but with 2.1 the Ally simply doesn't have enough horsepower to play emulations.

3. turbine

turbine Active Member

Try changing the screen drawing mode from scaled to 2x. It should make it run a bit faster.

4. nkupianist

Appreciate both replies. On the screen drawing mode post, where do I find that? When I go to settings within either emulator, under display, I have "scaling mode" (which gives me 2 options, "keep" and "stretch") "Frame skip mode" (automatic or manual), "max frame skips" (which seems to go from 0 to quite high numbers) and "enable transparency". Am I missing something?

5. nkupianist

One thing that does help is increasing the "max frame skips"; of course, it makes gameplay slightly less smooth, but I can run that with sound. It's looking like I have to compromise until Froyo comes out for Ally: either have muted smooth gameplay or fairly choppy (with max frame rate at 8 or 9) but relatively good-sounding gameplay :-/
    Thanks for your help, and any further suggestions that could help are appreciated!