Nuance app reqiured!!

Last Updated:

1. neoxfl

neoxfl Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

Can someone post nuance app for smasung fascinate. I installed the DJ05 update and since then I dont find this app. It was very useful app for voice dailing. I would really love to have the app back. I did do a TI backup as well. but I cant find the app in it.

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

did you install jt's clean rom because there is a stock deodexed DJ05 and that should have it in there

3. Bob-o

Bob-o Well-Known Member

I thought th stock dj05 was not deodexed?

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

There is a stock deodexed too

5. neoxfl

I have the stock djo5 but it is odexed??

6. s44

s44 Well-Known Member

Oh, for the love of...

(DI01 version) app here

7. neoxfl

Thanks, I will try to install it in cmw.

8. neoxfl

Hi, It does not work with dj05 force closes all the time!!! any other options

9. ellisz

ellisz Member

Yeah, I just discovered this as well. Worked fine with DI01 and clean after I re-added it. I pulled the vsuite app off the DJ05 leak and got the same results. That sucks. Now we are back to the same bluetooth capabilities we had on the D1 with 2.1 ...

10. neoxfl

I found a way to fix that. I tried re-installing stockdjo5 on top of clean djo5 without data/cache wipe. now I have working voice dail. you may have to delete unwanted apps from root explorer but hey now i love the mod plus voice dail feature.

11. ellisz

ellisz Member

There has to be a better way. Defeats the purpose of running a clean rom... I wonder if it could be a cache issue or another apk that is needed? I wonder if JT pulled some things out that he did not in the DI01 builds?

The stock app does not have an .odex file so the deodex should not be an issue. I can't get allshare to work properly either on DJ05. This app does have an .odex on it. I tried running the one from the DI01 deodexed rom.

12. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 Well-Known Member

I was able to get a hold of a copy of it from DJ05, copied it to SD card then used Root Explorer to click on it and Install when prompted.

App works fine standalone. Im not sure if its supposed to feed the command prompts thru my bluetooth headset or not, but it doesnt do that currently. The BT headset can answer a call though, just doesnt seem to start up Nuance when I long press on the button. Again not even sure thats how its supposed to work.

Ill see if I can dig up the link I used to download, its on another PC.

13. ellisz

ellisz Member

I have the stock DJ05 file. I am currently running JT's .6 rom. Hate to go to the full bloated DJ05. Might have to I guess. I just wish I knew what was missing.

I loaded Clean .3 and the Nuance app works now. Must be something that was removed from .3 to .6.

14. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 Well-Known Member

Im on Blackhole 2.1 which is based off of JTs clean 0.3. I really dont want to stray from clean .3, I get excellent battery life and the advantage of the Blackhole setup (i.e. absolutely nothing I dont need/want on the phone)

Id love to try the newer clean JT roms but I just cant bring myself to it.