• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nuance app reqiured!!

neoxfl

Apr 9, 2010
Hi

Can someone post nuance app for smasung fascinate. I installed the DJ05 update and since then I dont find this app. It was very useful app for voice dailing. I would really love to have the app back. I did do a TI backup as well. but I cant find the app in it.

There has to be a better way. Defeats the purpose of running a clean rom... I wonder if it could be a cache issue or another apk that is needed? I wonder if JT pulled some things out that he did not in the DI01 builds?

The stock app does not have an .odex file so the deodex should not be an issue. I can't get allshare to work properly either on DJ05. This app does have an .odex on it. I tried running the one from the DI01 deodexed rom.

Upvote 0
I was able to get a hold of a copy of it from DJ05, copied it to SD card then used Root Explorer to click on it and Install when prompted.

App works fine standalone. Im not sure if its supposed to feed the command prompts thru my bluetooth headset or not, but it doesnt do that currently. The BT headset can answer a call though, just doesnt seem to start up Nuance when I long press on the button. Again not even sure thats how its supposed to work.

Ill see if I can dig up the link I used to download, its on another PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones