Nuance voice control useful?Support

Last Updated:

1. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator This Topic's Starter

I've never been much of a voice dial guy, the last time I used it was back in my Moto E815 dumb phone days. I don't talk on the phone while driving (and sincerely wish you didn't either). While playing around with 2.1, I gave Nuance a try and I'm baffled. Has it always been this bad? Even with 1.5? I got near 100% incorrect when trying to make a call. Only once did a name I said get into the 3 name list, and it wasn't even the right person. What did I do wrong? If I didn't do something wrong, what possible use does this app have?

Oh, and 2.1 wasn't released today...whaaaaa.:p

Advertisement
  2. dwolf312

dwolf312 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned before in 1.5 that they changed the setting to expert I think and everything worked perfectly after that.

3. cosine83

cosine83 Well-Known Member

throw on Joey's recovery, go into recovery, use droid explorer or ADB and kill Nuance. Once you do that, Google voice search works perfectly. Much MUCH better than Nuance.

pastafarian likes this.
  4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator This Topic's Starter

That's another issue. I tried using Google voice search from the search widget and all I got were "server error". I tried with a headset and the phone directly, same result. With removing Nuance fix that?

5. cosine83

It's a little slow but yes, removing Nuance fixes that. Just make sure you speak clearly.

6. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member

Which one is Nuance? I see voice search with keyboard, but not sure if that's the correct one

7. cosine83

Vsuite is the one you want to remove. That's nuance.

8. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

Nuance is the Voice Control button above the camera button...
    Now the search feature works great when you press the Microphone button in Google Search or FaceBook text or regular text or Market search

It worked like CRAP with Better Keyboard so I made the Android Keyboard back to default...

Also I tried Nuance Voice Contol e.g. Call Joey Kxxx and it was fast and worked perfectly. The old 1.5 was crap but with 2.1(not rooted) it seems to work fine...