• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nougat - Turn Vibration Off

Under 7.0 I need to silence the device turning vibration off and leaving the following configuration ...
7 - Alarm
8 - Call
15 - Media
0 - DTMF
0 - Notification
0 - Ringer
0 - System​

The Task in Tasker has a “Not Disturb / Alarm”
If the Task is executed from inside Tasker vibration is turned off.
If the Task is made into an apk the “Do Not Disturb / Alarm” throws an error.​

Is there perhaps a hidden permission that needs to be set in the apk version?

... Thom

Last edited:
I don't have a big experience with the "Do not disturb" action as it has been so annoying that I don't want to use it. Also I am still on MM and not on Nougat, so take my comment with a pinch of salt.

As far as I am aware, Tasker has notification access in order to do these interceptions. Perhaps you need that for your kid app too, so the permission you'd need is Notification Access?

Upvote 0
In system settings there used to be a Sound & Notification section with an Advanced section that had Notification Access.
In 7.0 settings there is a Sound section and a Notifications section and neither of them have an Advanced section with Notification Access.
In 7.0 settings there for the Kid there is an Override Do Not Disturb that was off. Turning it on had no affect.

In Tasker three dots/More/Android Settings/Notification Listener Service ...
If the kid (.apk created by Tasker) was created with Minimum Level 14 it is not listed.
If the kid was created with Minimum Level 21 it is listed and is off. If it is turned on then the kid operates properly (Do Not Disturb / None disable's the vibration) and the Settings/Apps for the kid lists the override as being on.

So ... this works ...
Create the kid with Minimum level 21.
Enable it Notification Access with Tasker

And ... here's the problem ...
How can I enable the option when the kid is installed on a 7.0 device that does not have Tasker installed?

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones