Nuisance - Using earbuds while talking on phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. droid928

droid928 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my fascinate yesterday and it's amazing. However, so far there is one thing I noticed that I hope I can get some input on:

I used to have the original Droid and I was able to use the phone while I had my earbuds on. I could talk into the speaker while listening to the other end on earbuds. It was very convenient that I didn't have to take them out when I was listening to music while I got a call or made one.

Now, I found out that with my fascinate I cannot do this. I got a call this morning while I was listening to music and I answered the call with my head phones on. I could hear the other person but the other person couldn't hear me. Then, I had to take out the ear buds and speak on the phone.

Is there a way to work around this or am i stuck doing this from now on?? I really hate the phone mic headphones bc they suck and I love using my current ear buds. Please help! :confused:

Advertisement
  2. crashrandall

crashrandall Member

There is an adapter available, originally targeted for iPhone users, that has a mic and lets you plug thru with regular headphones. I think this would work to keep your favorite buds in your ears, if there proves to be no way to use the onboard mic.

3. droid928

I'll look into that. Thanks.

It really makes no sense. It basically forces you to use earbuds with a built in mic if you expect to take calls while listening to music. If you don't, you have to take out your headphones in order to answer the phone which is ridiculous to me. There has to be a way around this.

4. droid928

I called Samsung and it's a compatibility issue with the head phones. The headphones need to have 3 green lines on the metal part where you plug into the phone. The ones I had have 2 black line so they are not compatible.

Here is what they recommend to use:

Galaxy S Hands Free Headset, Black (3.5mm Stereo) | Samsung Mobile

I'm going to have to do some more research bc I'm not sure of the sound quality of these. Maybe other brands are compatible as well.

So... case closed. :)