1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Number Password security app?

Last Updated:

1. jdarnall2001

jdarnall2001 Member This Topic's Starter

On my Blackberry I could unlock my phone by typing in a number password of my choosing. Is there an app for that on Android? I've been looking without any luck.

Advertisement
  2. Tripwyre715

Tripwyre715 Member

Well my Android has the Trace Pattern to unlock the phone in general. For my apps I found App Protector Pro. It was $2, which I wasn't happy with, but it gives you the option for a # password and a list you can add whatever app you want to protect. Sometimes, however it gets annoying. I have to put in the code every time I want to view a text message.

3. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

I *think* you can set that up by going into Settings/Security... you can put in a PIN IIRC.

4. jdarnall2001

The thing I don't like about the pattern unlock is you can see where your fingers have traced. I'm not really looking to protect specific apps as I am the phone as a whole.... where you have to type in a password to use the phone in general.

5. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

I am coming from a Blackberry and looking for the same thing. I had a 6 character password to unlock the screen, it was a pain, but I have allot of personal information on the device and I don't need to lose it.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Settings>Location and SecurityChange Screen lock. Here you can choose to use a password, pin or pattern.

7. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

also on pattern lock you can set it so your trace isn't visable.. well u can on my wildfire

8. jdarnall2001

I don't have that option... My phone just says screen unlock pattern and you can set it as being on or off.... no pin or password option is available. :(

The only thing it has under the settings about passwords at all is if you want your passwords to be shown as you type and setting up a password for your secure credentials. I set that up, but I still can't type in a password on the phone to unlock it. :(