• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Numbers and letters

medic

Lurker
Dec 29, 2010
Is there a way to tell the Droid that when you are in a phone number slot or zip code slot to type numbers and not letters? I keep forgetting to hit the alt key when i type. On my BB, it was smart enough to know that places that need numbers to use the numbers on the key board.

Help!

Welcome to the forums, medic.

I remember that feature from my Blackberry days, and I miss it sometimes, too.

I've gotten used to just hitting that number key.. but I'll bet some of the third party keyboard apps have the capability you're looking for. Perhaps a search in Market under "keyboard" will yield one with the feature you're looking for.

Upvote 0
SO I just tested Frisco's theory regarding a different keyboard app and as I had purchased iTap for use with my Desire i tried it on the Droid pro too. So when I clicked into a text input field that is for numbers (my test was a new contact) and I clicked into the phone number box it auto magically switches to numbers only when I am using the Droid! Sweet discovery. Works for all number only input boxes as long as the developers code them as such.
Very nice hint I was missing this as well.
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones