Numbers disappeared and txt messages replaced with another persons messages.Support

Last Updated: 2013-01-22 03:38:11
  1. paddyphone

paddyphone New Member

This is very odd...

I recently checked my phone and all my messages had disappeared and had been replaced wth about 10 messages which appeared to be from somebody elses phone.

This person had been texting people in the usa and uk and guessing from the messages was in the usa. I am in europe. Also all of my numbers disappeared and i had this persons appointments in the calender on my phone.

The only changes i had recently made to my phone were to install an app killer and a media player. I removed the media player and my numbers soon returned but i lost all my messages and the new messages and calender stayed the same.

Any ideas whats going on? I installed avast and its found nothing.

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello paddyphone, welcome to Android Forums. That is an odd one. Do you have a long established google account or is it new? Gathering someone's contacts as well as their calendar appointments sounds a bit like a shared account. Keep in mind I'm only taking a wild guess... have never seen of this before. If it were my phone, I think I would change my google account login and then clean up the mess on my phone..... And hope that it didn't happen again.