O.C.D. and cleaning my screen

Last Updated:

1. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I constantly find myself cleaning my Droid X screen each and every time I touch it. Usually using my shirt, any harm in this? I haven't noticed a single scratch of any size so far, so I figure it can't hurt since I do it about 5000 times a day! :)

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I do the same thing with my D2.
    It seems to respond best to a micro fiber cloth.

3. speedracer68

speedracer68 Well-Known Member

I'm with you. I'm constantly rubbing my Eris against my shirt or my pants to clean off the fingerprints. I've had it since June and, so far, no scratches. (Also, not using a screen protector.)

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

The Gorilla Glass on the screen should hold up fine to a shirt as long as there isn't sand all over it.

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i clean mine with scotch-brite pads, or a angle grinder and a wire wheel in a pinch, is this a problem?

6. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Thats fine because you have gorilla glass and well it can take anything. no sarcasm there at all...

7. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

8. ch3l!ss73

ch3l!ss73 New Member

Haha. That's hilarious. I do the exact same thing. I have OCD with these cheap alcohol wipes at work. I always use them to get the finger prints off the screen. The only scratches I ever get are from my earrings.

9. 1eyebrother

1eyebrother Well-Known Member

I use a micro fiber towel to clean my D1 and X...Works great!

10. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member

i heard using products like kleenex and alcohol wipes can actually wear off the durability of the glass, making it harder to clean.

i stick with micro fiber cloth.

just my .02 cents. i could be wrong.

11. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I am pretty good and keeping my screen clean. If it gets dirty to where it needs it i use the kit i bought for my tv to clean it. Has a RO spray and a microsuede'sih towel, works great.

12. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member

I've had my "X" for three months now and I find myself cleaning the screen every time it gets so dirty I can no longer use it as a phone, three times so far.

13. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I have Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint film and don't have to clean my screen.

14. foo

foo Well-Known Member

Ya. Same as all...clean the shit out of it constantly. I even carry a small microfiber cloth around with me most of the time

15. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

i use the steinhil ultra crystal screen protector, works great, can't tell its there, and a lot less smudges since its been on...

as for using alcohol and it "wearing off the durability"...that ain't gonna happen. The "durability" is due to the way the class is made and the layers of polymer in the glass...alcohol wipes aren't going to effect the durability of the glass. however, i could see where too strong of an alcohol could dull the luster/fog the screen permanently (highly doubtful with just a normal alcohol wipe b/c they would be no more that 70% ethanol). I would just be worried about excess alcohol getting inside the phone, but it evaporates quickly enough.

16. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I keep mine very clean as well - but how many of y'all have to fight the urge to clean other people's phones too? I have to configure email for all my users on the various phones they have, and the first thing I usually wind up doing is cleaning the screen. I don't see how anyone can stand a greasy, smeary, fingerprint-ridden touch screen! BLECH!!

17. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member

Every morning after my shower, I take my damp towel and completely clean the phone front and back. The damp towel makes quick work of fingerprints and anything else on the phone. I also take that time to pull the battery and reboot it. I also do the same procedure to my wife's droid inc right after mine. Both phones look and work perfect.