O2 2.1 upgradeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Quinnbo

Quinnbo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

Apologies for a question which has probably been asked a thousand times!

I'm a massive fan of my Streak - loved it on 1.6, wanted to marry it on 2.1. The upgrade on O2 previously came from an alert in the notification bar.

I managed to smash the glass a couple of weeks ago (foolish man), which set me back

Advertisement
  2. Nezing

Nezing Member

You can not.Was "pulled" last month,due to "problems".I too have the Dell Streak,running Android 1.6.Dell are due to release Froyo (Android 2.2),for the Streak,before Xmas,so they say!! See other forum posts,if you want to upgrade to 2.1,"by other means".I am not going to do so,however,as I shall wait for the official over-air-upgrade.Sorry to read that you managed to "smash the glass" of your Streak.I guess Gorilla Glass is not as tough as said.:eek:

3. Quinnbo

Quinnbo New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. Can't believe they pulled it! Had a few issues with the slide-to-answer-the-call technique, but nothing major. As long as 2.2 is due out this year I won't moan too much, I'll resist the urge to update early on the sly.

I was disappointed with how it broke (fell asleep on the train, it slid off my lap), but it didn't have a case and landed face down. Still would've expected it to survive from that height, but i'll be treating it better from now on. Will be using a case in future!

Really disappointed that I'm stuck with 1.6 for a couple of months...

4. Nezing

Nezing Member

Yes,I too am a little bit "miffed" that Dell did not install,Android 2.2 from the beginning.But as the Streak was originally released back in May,that was not possible.Maybe I could have waited till late this year,before getting it.Have had mine,via the Carphone Warehouse,for two weeks,and really like it.Here's a little more info from this site:Dell Bringing Android 2.2 To Streak "In The Coming Weeks" - HotHardware

Steve Felice, president of the Global Consumer, Small and Medium Business division,said,
    "the Streaks v2.2 wont be your typical version 2.2.Dell has built a unique user interface into the Froyo build for Streak, called Stage.This is meant to make it easier for users to find/launch apps as well as other content,and it will support finger scrolling for faster browsing."