• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

O2 android 2.2

O2 released the update a couple of days ago but virtually immediately suspended it because some people were having issues with it. It sounded like the issues were known Froyo problems but O2 still pulled it. I haven't heard anything since but some people managed to get the update before it was pulled. Mine's still saying I'm up-to-date... grrr.

o2 had a handfull of cases with the froyo update on the desire and a handfull with the 2.1 update for the dell streak that was released at the same time.

It seems there could of been an issue with their wireless update system that meant the updates didnt apply properly
It was pulled, however its exactly the same version that is on the RUU updated thread

Upvote 0
weren't their reports of Desire handsets being bricked by the O2 update yesterday?
wouldnt brick it, just would bork the update and stop you accesing the phone till you run a flash package.
this is common with all updates regardless of wired or wirelss on all handsets
this is o2's 1st attempt at doing it so they probably crapped themselves when it failed rather than saying
"yes this can happen, heres the full file to reflash the device"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones