O2 android 2.2

Last Updated:

1. dudemyster

dudemyster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

has any one had the update yet with an O2 desire??? call tehm up and they seem to have no idea...just thought i ask :)

Advertisement
  2. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

O2 released the update a couple of days ago but virtually immediately suspended it because some people were having issues with it. It sounded like the issues were known Froyo problems but O2 still pulled it. I haven't heard anything since but some people managed to get the update before it was pulled. Mine's still saying I'm up-to-date... grrr.

3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

o2 had a handfull of cases with the froyo update on the desire and a handfull with the 2.1 update for the dell streak that was released at the same time.

It seems there could of been an issue with their wireless update system that meant the updates didnt apply properly
    It was pulled, however its exactly the same version that is on the RUU updated thread

4. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

weren't their reports of Desire handsets being bricked by the O2 update yesterday?

5. dudemyster

one O2 adviser said that for some reason if u click on the "check now" it wont see the update and u have to wait for the automatic software update but the server only does this every 30 days or so????.....maybe a crock of sh*t of been told.....

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

wouldnt brick it, just would bork the update and stop you accesing the phone till you run a flash package.
    this is common with all updates regardless of wired or wirelss on all handsets
    this is o2's 1st attempt at doing it so they probably crapped themselves when it failed rather than saying
    "yes this can happen, heres the full file to reflash the device"

7. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

glad I ran the unbranded RUU version of 2.2 now, rather than waiting for O2.

8. dudemyster

doesnt that invalidate your warrinty running non O2 update?

9. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member