O2 Customer Service is S**tGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Saint2710

Saint2710 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just called O2 about my Galaxy, It keeps shutting down and I cannot power up without first removing and replacing the battery, I's just over 1 month old and they deny any knowledge of this happening at all, They want me to send it for repair and have the priviledge of waiting up to 14 days to get it returned whilst I merrily pay a contract fee to them!.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem Please?:mad:

Advertisement
  2. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

It's an app I believe. I used to get this all the time and then I ensured all my apps were up to date and it went away. Can't say for sure what it was though, sorry :(

3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

why are they sh1t for this?
    if you had returned it within 14 days of having it they would have given you a new one.
    if you had insurance from o2 you would have probably got a new one

as someone else said its probably an app or software version
    you are not telling us much about what version you are on
    what software you have installed etc etc

Random shutdowns that occur often is not actually a common problem considering the amount of people that have the device and the amount of people that use these forums.
    so i would say o2 probably havent had many reports of it and at CS level there are thousands of advisors so a 1 off customer issue will not get circulated unless is a major service issue with all galaxies of which it is not

4. Sumo

Sumo Well-Known Member

They are shit though it must be said!;)

5. Rastaman-FB

well yeah but not for the reasons he expressed, all cs is crap tbh. never had a good experience with CS from any mobile operator

6. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

All networks do that 14 day thing for repairs. Buying a phone from a network doesnt mean too much unfortunatly.

However, if you bought it as part of the contract you signed AND you can show the fault wasnt you're fault - like a drop etc, and it must have been present from the begining, they are obligated to provide you with an alternative way to use your contract.

Good luck tho. Its usually more trouble convincing them that than its worth. If you want to go that route, ask for a temporary phone to use, and when they try to charge u give them the spiel.

Sounds like a software problem tho. If i were you i'd uninstall apps untill its fixed, or just factory reset it. Worth a shot before a 14 day repair job.

7. Saint2710

Saint2710 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Points duly noted!
    Sorry for not giving much information as I didn't have the phone on me (not allowed them where I work)
    Thanks for the heads up about the problem being an app, I will check if they are all up to date.
    didn't notice problem within 1st 14 days
    I have got O2 Insurance
    Reading this forum found a few posts where it has happened.
    Angry at Oik from O2's attitude

8. Rastaman-FB

no worries

what sw version are you on?