• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

o2 debranded desire

hainman

Apr 30, 2010
hi guys.ive a debranded o2 desire and today its lots its reception and everyone i know still has o2 reception,when i called o2 they asked what software i had and when i told then(2.29.405.5)they told me i might need to ugrade the software but as im debranded the last time i tried ota it fooked my fone so im wondering if this is the case or if theres a new ruu rom i cant go with via gold card??my wifi is still going but just cant phone or txt,just says limited service,thanks for any help.

Could be a dodgy SIM card. So rule this out first if you can. Swap sim cards with someone on O2 to see what happens. I would suspect this is more likely.

And yes, o2 is 2.14.207.1 is the latest RUU available. You wont need a goldcard for that, but if it wont let you upgrade (current software version newer) then you may have to downgrade before you can use that one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones