O2 Desire FROYO 2.2 Update (27.09.10) - Features?

Last Updated:

1. kkh786

kkh786 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

I have seen a few firmware versions of FROYO banded around for the Desire on this Forum. Having updated my O2 Desire yesterday and playing around with it, I was curious how the O2 firmware compares with the rest.

My software details are as follows:

Android version

Baseband version
    32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

Kernel version
    2.6.32.15-gd96f2c0
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build number
    2.14.207.1 CL233777 release-keys

Software number

Browser version
    Webkit 3.1

I may be optimistic/delusional but I have discovered some features in the O2 Froyo release from yesterday that were showcased the other day at the HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z launch event as being part of the all new HTC Sense. :)

Please feel free to add to the discussion.

KKH

Advertisement
  2. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

It's basically the same as the latest unbranded froyo release but with O2 branding.

3. kkh786

I am curious if the O2 update incorporates the recent minor update from HTC for unbranded handsets. I am especially curious as I understand the minor update was for improvements to the Sense UI.

4. teppic74

It has none at all.

5. williamj1

williamj1 Well-Known Member

That matches the software I'm running and I've had the o2 froyo build since it was originally released as luckily mine installed fine.

So had this for a few weeks and as of yet, no features of the desire HD or desire Z. Remember, this version was built and originally released long before the desire HD or Z was.

6. Gisbourne

Gisbourne Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe it does. I have an unbranded handset and a mate at work has an O2 one. We compared the software information and his has got the same radio version (Baseband version), however, he has got a later software build, but presumably this is just because O2's version was released after the unbranded one.

Hope this helps...

G

kkh786 likes this.
  7. teppic74

If you're on unbranded or Vodafone froyo you'll have 2.10.x, if you're on t-mobile it's 2.12.x and O2 it's 2.14.x. It's all basically the same, aside from branding.

8. kkh786

Cheers mate that helps.

When I mentioned new features, I forgot to give an example.

Mr. John Wang (HTC Chief Marketing Officer) mentioned in the conference that one of the new feature of the new Sense UI was the ringtone volume would intelligently lower when the user picked up or moved the handset.

My handset performs this function perfectly. ;)

Maybe this is an earlier/existing function but I was confused why Mr. Wang would highlight it as a new feature of the New Sense UI for the HD and Z.

I would love to have many of the new Sense function on my Desire (as highlighted by Mr. Wang).

Not really fussed about HTCSense.com but would love to have the cached map function!

Com'on HTC make us feel part of the extended Desire family! :)

KKH