1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

O2 Download Limit for Unlimited Internet

1. Yathushan

Yathushan Well-Known Member

I am currently using a Samsung i7500. After 6 days of my monthly usage renewing I get a text message saying that I have used up my daily usage of internet. Now I understand that it should be fair and there is a limit however, after a week I couldn't have used up my usage already. I use APNdroid to disconnect it from the internet during the day. I only use it to update my apps and check email thats about it? What do you think is happening?

Advertisement
  2. DellStreak

DellStreak Member

I looked on the o2 site and on one part it says 'Unlimited' and another it says '500Gb'. Well even though 500Gb is plenty it still isn't Unlimited. I suggest phoning the o2 people and asking if there is an issue with your account. Good luck though!
  3. Intruder

Intruder Well-Known Member

500mb and 750mb smart phones and 1gb on iphone contracts to be exact.. from the midddle of june like most others they dropped unlimited
  4. Stainy

Stainy Member

This is for new and upgrades...

I upgrade just before this annoucement ;)
  5. Intruder

Intruder Well-Known Member

Your in for a shock come september have a read man :(
  6. Nightlegend

Nightlegend Well-Known Member

From what I heard they will honour existing "Unlimited Internet" bolt-ons if you upgraded before this was brought in. They may change their mind though ......
  7. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

8. versp

versp Active Member

I spoke to them last week and they assured me that for all non-iPhone plans it was truly unlimited.
  9. Yathushan

Thats such a lie. Because when I spoke to them they said that there was a limit. Meaning if you start downloading excessive apps or start to stream loads of clips. You will pass your limit in an instant. So I always use wi-fi or standard internet. The only time I use it is for sat nav.
  10. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I think it's unlimited at the minute, but in October, they are changing it to 500MB, even for existing customers.
  11. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

My understanding is that unlimited customers remain unlimited until they upgrade / otherwise take out a new contract.
    My contract is for an unlimited data plan - anything less than that until I agree new contractual terms is a breach of contract.
  12. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I think they're able to do it because it is done through a bolt on, rather than through the contract.
  13. versp

versp Active Member

Well there is a kinda informal limit. I think if you start doing ridiculous things like 5-10GB they slow your connection, but don't kill you off.

I'm gonna move to Tesco though, 1GB should be enough and I'll save a ton, plus as an added bonus I can use my o2 locked phone because Tesco are using o2's network.
  14. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I thought Tesco's unlimited was 500MB?
  15. jay_snizzel

jay_snizzel Active Member

I've upgraded, and they said mine is unlimited internet until 1st october when it's either 500mb, 750mb or 1gb
  16. Yathushan

Well when you upgrade the contract changes so they are allowed to tell you new terms. People who have not renewed their contract yet are still on the unlimited downloads unless they are informing by letter I think.
  17. Jezston

Jezston Well-Known Member

Thought I'd share my recent experience.

I'm on a SIM only contract with an unlimited internet bolt on, and this will continue past September, no plans to change this yet.

Unlimited means unlimited in that they won't actually limit you, but if you start using LOADS they may well have a word with you, warn you to reduce your usage, then restrict your usage if you continue. I think the only way you could really hit this usage level is if you use your phone tethered to your laptop and use that as a torrent server. I use my internet fairly heavily on my phone, even tethering it to my laptop when on the train etc, and I was suprised to hear I've never exceeded 500mb.