O2 Froyo update

Last Updated:

1. EmSixTeen

EmSixTeen Member This Topic's Starter

I've read that there is a leaked version of the O2 Froyo update, but after searching I haven't been able to find it.. Doesn't help that O2 is only 2 characters and the forums don't search for that. Does anybody have any info? I saw the RUU one, but I don't want to wipe my phone. I'm probably better waiting for the official OTA update, to be fair.. It's on the 8th or something isn't it?

Advertisement
  2. Yathushan

Yathushan Well-Known Member

I thought that the O2 froyo release would be much later than that?

3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

bare in mind that the official O2 update may contain bloat ware and O2 branding, and may also block the wifi hotspot feature of froyo. that is why I have used the unbranded RUU update.

it seems to work perfectly.

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

5. Yathushan

Yathushan Well-Known Member

Hey Rastaman!

Welcome to the Desire forum! Glad to see you move on from the i7500 Galaxy. When did you get your upgrade?

6. TonyStark

TonyStark Member

It doesn't block the Wi-fi Hotspot, o2 have no reason to do this, as unless you got the desire as soon as O2 had it, you're not on an Unlimited data plan, and given stock shortages thats the majority of people. I tested it and it worked perfectly.

Other thing I noticed is even though I switch my phone to GSM auto, it connects at HSDPA much more, where as I was stuck at G far more before. I don't know what O2 bloatware is as there wasn't any I could see on 2.1 anyway. So I could live with not getting another update.

You do have to add the mobile web APN and modify the Type so it gets the A-GPS data tho.

7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

yesterday, my insurance on it has a 14days no claims policy so at the moment im not playing about too much