O2 Froyo upgrade Dated??

Last Updated:

1. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just browsing on the o2 forum when i came across this post,

by o2-Craig on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:10 pm

[​IMG] [​IMG]

From what I have heard, we should be have it for about the 9th of September. Not 100% sure about it quite yet.

With this software update, we wanna make sure that it is working properly with our network before deploying it out to the handsets.

Nothing worse than getting software out there and finding out it doesn't work properly. A good example of this was the x10, it was delayed by a month from Sony Ericsson to get the software (Timescape and Mediascape) working with the mobile phone networks.

A few of the guys in the stores are waiting for it too, but it should be out soon!

Now i know its not definitive but fingers crossed we on o2 should get froyo early september :)

Advertisement
  2. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Active Member

meh I gave up on 02 and went the flashing method there on wednesday and im as happy as can be. went 2.1 ruu then let the phone get OTA 2.2.

Only recommendation I will give is use a backup app like MYbackup instead of the phones inbuilt backup. I forgot old phone backup doesnt work with 2.2 which uses a new online backup system. I lost my messages for a month and had to xfer contacts from sim and relink to fb etc. wasnt worried about apps.