• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help O2 UK- started downloading MMS without APN settings in, now stuck at "downloading"

M

msiviter

I've got some photos stuck in an MMS that I tried to download before I realised that I didnt have the correct MMS APN settings in (due to swapping to the Modaco ROM). The correct settings are now in but the MMS is stuck at "downloading" status. Is there any way I can rescue it, there is no forward option and I've successfully sent and recieved MMS since.

Help!:eek:

Matt

Thank you for your recent handset enquiry regarding handset settings. Please find your settings details below.

GPRS WAP

Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.

Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.

When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.

Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless controls
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN
Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay monthly then tap OK
Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
Highlight APN type and tap
Tap APN type then tap internet (so a green dot appears next to it)
Press the Back key five times to return to the standby screen.
We hope this has answered your question. Please note that replies to this email will not be actioned.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your recent handset enquiry regarding handset settings. Please find your settings details below.

MMS

Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.

Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.

When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.

Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless controls
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN
Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly MMS then tap OK
Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK
Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK
Tap APN type then tap mms (so a green dot appears next to it)
Press the Back key five times to return to the standby screen.
We hope this has answered your question. Please note that replies to this email will not be actioned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones