Oakville & Burlington Area Android Group?

Last Updated:

1. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in Oakville (Ontario), and can't easily get to downtown Toronto for the fancy-shmancy "meet ups" of the Toronto Android users group, so I was curious to know if there were any Oakville/Burlington (Mississaugans welcome too) area Android users who might be interested in starting a local group.

You know, nothing special, just get together once or twice a month in a bar/pub/cafe to talk about Android?

Let me know if you're interested (or if there's already a group I don't know about!)

Advertisement
  2. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

Oooh there's fancy shmancy meet ups that I've been missing? /sad

I live in Guelph but heading into Burlington or that area isn't all that hard for me. Of course I'm going to have to wait until I get a job again before heading out like that. Anyways, I'd be up for meeting fellow androiders. :)

I know a couple people in Hamilton that have android phones. Not sure if they're social enough to come out to an informal meet up but I can always beat them into submission (they are my friends after all).

3. Delux

Delux Member

Oakville Ontario here aswell, that sounds pretty good lol, ive done a few meet-ups when i was in the car scene, id be down to do something, no doubt

4. surf_r_dude

surf_r_dude Well-Known Member

B-Town right here :D I'm getting alot of my friends into the android scene... hehe >:)

5. AmazonAnnie

AmazonAnnie Well-Known Member

I am close to Burlington and so I could drop in at a meeting - say at William's Coffee Pub at QEW and Brant (close to hwy and has free WiFi).
    ~Annie

6. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

I'm in Miss but might head out for a meet. +1 for WiFI availability. Too bad there isn't something like the Linuxcafe which is where the Buzz crew met up.

7. planethax

planethax Member

I am East of the City, Markham, but wouldn't mind the drive out that way if I knew ahead of time :)

8. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cool! I like the idea of maybe hitting a Williams that has free WiFi (there is one in Oakville too that might be more central the more Mississaugans there are. And i can walk to it. hee hee!)

@planethax: While i would say the more the merrier, wouldn't the T.O. one be easier for you?