1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

.obb folder in android write procted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadaoROG

MadaoROG New Member

I can't copy any .obb files from cracked games and such to the .obb file located in my Android folder.

I can't write files to the folder, or delete the folder itself. I have tried numerous searches on google only to come up empty handed.

Any help would be profoundly appreciated.

I'm rocking a Samsung Galaxy S4 White from AT&T which I pre-ordered and received before they hit the shelves (not sure if that's relevant).

It's rooted and everything. I have the modded google play store in as well.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

What application are you using to write files to that folder?
  3. MadaoROG

MadaoROG New Member

I'm just dragging and dropping from my downloads folder to the.Obb folder.

I need a program to be able to put stuff in the.obb folder?
  4. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

dragging and dropping using what? Are you using an explorer app? (for example, the S4 comes with "My files" app, a lot of people use ES Explorer or Root explorer etc)
  5. MadaoROG

MadaoROG New Member

I'm literally dragging and dropping from my desktop/Windows.

How am I supposed to be doing it? These are programs I'm downloading through my desktop.
  6. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

ah, ok. So you are trying to copy files from computer (windows) to phone. I was thinking that you were trying to copy files from your download (or another) folder of your phone to the android folder.

Not sure why it isn't letting you copy files to your android folder (which shouldn't be a system folder).
    Can you try to copy the file from PC to any other folder (maybe the download folder), and then, use an android app (the included "My files", or ES Explorer or any other similar app) to copy the file over to the appropriate Android folder?
  7. MadaoROG

MadaoROG New Member

I tried using my files. It didn't give me any errors, but nothing was copied to the .Obb folder. I have no idea what's wrong.
  8. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

What is the exact path of the android folder that you are trying to copy to?
    /sdcard/android I assume? If so, I have no idea why it isn't working. Hopefully, somebody else here can help
  9. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Cracking games / installing pirated games / whatever is just theft. It takes from developers who work hard to make a living supplying all of us with the apps we all use and love. We don't discuss piracy here, period.

This thread is closed.
    Mikestony and Rxpert83 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.