• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

obdii apps... do they exist?

When i have connected the OBD2 interface with my car than i have paired the device with my phone by bluetooth, after it when i would to launch the Torque my phone has been immediatly restarts. My phone is Sony Xperia Go with Android 4.1.2. There is anyone who can give me any advise what does it?

Welcome gavidu!
Does your phone just have the restart issue with the Torque app? Or does it have issues with other bluetooth connections?

Upvote 0
Yes it happens only when i try to launch Torque with paired obd2 device. When i've just launch Torque without bluetooth connection with obd2 device, my phone works properly

Hmm, have you tried to "forget" the connection to the OBD-II device, then re-pair it?
What OBD-II adapter are you using? I wonder if there is a setting in the Torque App for the issue you are having. I'd have to check my other device I use with Torque. I use the PLX adapter.:)

Upvote 0
Do you have any other apps that are trying to connect via bluetooth to something such as the radio, or your earpiece or something? Perhaps the blue tooth is trying to connect to something else besides the obd2 adapter?

I was also reading this on the Torque app PlayStore site:
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
but that rules out the fact it works with your other, old device :hmmmm:

Reactions: gavidu
Upvote 0
but that rules out the fact it works with your other, old device :hmmmm:

Nah. Who knows what the technical nature of the compatibility issue is. It could be some obscure command that one phone sends at a different time than the other phone.

Most likely, though, I think it will be a combination of the app, adapter, OS, and maybe other apps that are running in the background. Maybe backup phone, factory reset, install only Torque, see if it works; if so, add apps one at a time and see when it breaks. Starting full and removing apps one at a time is less likely to be successful but could be worth a try. Either way, backup is needed first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones