• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Obeying Google Play Policy

Forgivee

Sep 24, 2016
Hi,
I am developing an app that requires human face photo in promotion screenshot on Google Play Store. As you know, there are dozens of rules about copyrights on Google Play Store.

My question is which human face photo should I put to promotion screenshot on Google Play?
Putting Obama or Donald Trump face to attract users, will cause any problem about copyright policy?
If yes, Where to find human face photo that is free for commercial purposes?
Is there any website?

be very very careful:

if Google decides you are violating any one of the policy statements, they will lock you out of your account w/o any warning.
it is all over the news now.

For instance:
say you buy one of the new Pixel phones and immediately resell it for a profit.
as soon as that is detected by Google, your account is locked forever.

Reactions: Forgivee and mikedt
Upvote 0
Hi,
I am developing an app that requires human face photo in promotion screenshot on Google Play Store. As you know, there are dozens of rules about copyrights on Google Play Store.

My question is which human face photo should I put to promotion screenshot on Google Play?
Putting Obama or Donald Trump face to attract users, will cause any problem about copyright policy?
If yes, Where to find human face photo that is free for commercial purposes?
Is there any website?

IIRC I believe presidential pictures that are published by the US govt. are in the public domain. Is that what you're actually after, and do you think that images of Bush(jnr and snr), Clinton, Nixon, Ford, Raegan, Carter, Obama, Trump, etc. will really attract users to your app.

More information about it here...about what you can and can't do.
https://www.usa.gov/government-works

Last edited:
Upvote 0
be very very careful:

if Google decides you are violating any one of the policy statements, they will lock you out of your account w/o any warning.
it is all over the news now.

For instance:
say you buy one of the new Pixel phones and immediately resell it for a profit.
as soon as that is detected by Google, your account is locked forever.
Who says they will close account? Is it new? Can you give me a link that explain this news?

Upvote 0
Who says they will close account? Is it new? Can you give me a link that explain this news?
Not necessarily closed, but you could find your developer account suspended for copyright infringement. And it's not necessarily Google, I believe it only takes someone to file a DMCA take-down notice, and that's it, your app is gone and account is suspended.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones