• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Obitron's privacy measures

O

obitron21

well ladies and gentlemen at the sudden realization of knowledge i posses i have decided to share my devices anti spy procedures now to begin please if you already know this stuff just keep moving on thank you i really dont need another mod fight on my hands so please if you know this just feel relaxed that you were quicker to the draw thank you so how many people know about the guardian project show of digital hands please.............well if you dont then sit back because its learning time the guardian project and yes type the guardian project into google play to get all their apps well they set out with one goal protecting your privacy and they do a great job at it the four main apps i use from them are torbot, orweb, obscuracam, and CAcertman now i will go into depth with these now

torbot: torbot has two roles depending on rooted or not rooted it is also the only app on the market that SAFELY allows you to enter the deep web and it is not a standalone entrance by the way but with root it allows you to proxy all of your apps through torbot which is already a proxy relay i believe but it is the most essential anti spy app i have on my phone it is the first app i redownload after a rom swap

orweb v2: now this is a browser specifically designed to work with torbot it can function without torbot but honestly come on we always delete the stock browser anyways but it has recently upgraded now it has more options like copy and paste and when you first launch it it will tell you if your torbot is configured correctly

obscuracam: another guardian goodie dedicated solely to portecting privacy it can take pictures or it can use old pictures or videos it detects faces in photos and replaces them with pixalated views and the best part it deletes the stuff under the pixals so if they remove the pixals it just shows black it also deletes device info from pics and geotag data video i have not tried yet so let me know

CAcertman: this app shows you all the certificates installed on your device you will have to do your own research to find out the dirt on each one but hey it gives you a starting point i dont remember if it allows you to delete the certs but hey i have been wrong before

Anonymous email: ever wanted to email something without the receiver knowing who it is have something to send you don't want traced back to you anonymous email lets you do that for free you can choose to just send your message with any sender info or you can type whatever you want just don't put your own email in or it defeats the purpose its pretty cool for striking back at scanners giving anonymous tips to someone or if you stay within the bounds of propriety freaking out your friends just don't scare em enough to where they call the cops

Anonytext: Anonytext is an anonymous texting app the only free one so far I have used that does what it says it takes your number and hides it the message on the receivers phone shows up from some random four digit number followed by @textr.us its good for things listed with anon email but play it safe with common sense also to use it correctly you can pick a contact but you have to know what carrier they have

Luks Manager: now this right here is made with help from guardian project but not solely made by them it is a file manager that allows you to create so called ghost files on your device minimum of 3mb to Max of 4gb I think it lets you pass code protect them but here's the special part when you are done creating the file you can choose to unmount it and people if its unmounted you cannot find it in your file explorer anywhere the only thing you find is a file with the same name but only a couple KB in size you can choose to pass lock Luks manager too its great for hiding some nefarious files or if you live at home its good for hiding well ahem recreational videos and pictures also its free you must have a custom rom too I can't say which ones it works on but I know shinjitsu 1.5.2 is supported so please add which ones are supported (chev highly modified og rom counts as a non custom rom)

Encrypt it: is a very useful encryption app for texting its free you type what you want set the seed and I have not bothered to see it it works with any other encryption app besides itself so I need some help here but it encrypt your text and you can set the KB encryption too it turns "hey its me" into " keocbrsjxnrkcnssofnrxij48572829574-294djtcijfksjf" hahahahaha

there are many more guardian project apps and they are mostly free all the ones listed are free so now go out there keep your identity safe for on the web you can be just another shadow like me p.s. using torbot and orweb my inbox is filled with emails from facebook asking if i logged on from a different device when i only use my phone to get on have a secret day people (I am in no way affiliated with these apps I just want to share the knowledge)

You forgot the tinfoil hat accessory.

I think people should be warned about the deep web. It's not a nice place, it's like the scary back alley vendor of the internet. Think eBay but you can buy babies, guns, and drugs at the same time. It's also not as secure as its made out to be. Anonymous has done numerous raids on pedophilia rings there. Not saying that's what anyone would do, just saying they were able to easily track down individuals. I'd leave it alone.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
actually i go down there for the hacker bbs's i learned of an experimental google project called reaver i have the code for it but i cant find anything about it on the surface and its not about being afraid its about using common sense on where you go i only go to the safe to moderately safe sites down there i do my research and i have some friends who we all watch out for each other its safe only if you play it safe but yeah google and reaver that scared me

Upvote 0
Not to be rude but aren't u being a bit paranoid

Actually being paranoid is sometimes a good thing sir it helps you see all the variables decisions are made more carefully and you end up feeling safer but it kills your social life never really was one for social affairs I'm updating my op because I have more measures to add and part its good to see you have done your homework I enjoy seeing someone add what they know I went to the mentioned sites and said like I always said I have been wrong before

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones