Object Push profile (Obex) error still exist after 2.1?Support

Last Updated:

1. NemesisEnforcer

NemesisEnforcer Active Member

This was one of the things that is driving me nuts with the Moment,heck is the only thing.Any suggestions?.I can connect to head sets but not to other android phones or my pc by bluetooth for either file transfers or music.I keep getting error message "You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the Object Push profile"(OBEX OPP) bluetooth service.Any help with this guys will be greatly appreciated.By the way the problem still exist even after updating to android 2.1.Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Dandruff

Dandruff Member

ditto ... anyone ???

one of the major reason fo me to do the 2.1 on moment was to do this ... very frustrating ...
  3. NemesisEnforcer

This is crazy.I still can't believe that they haven't fix this issue and worst that no one else is complaining about it,lol!
  4. Dandruff

Dandruff Member

i want to connect a BT ELM obd2 reader so bad and transfer contacts .. this should be easy :(

does anyone know if the official 2.1 will have this fixed? if not i really will move to a new phone ...???
  5. NemesisEnforcer

Im on 2.1 and even though is not the official one it still doesn't work.I find this whole bluetooth fiasco ridiculous that you can't even send a file neither to a PC or another phone with bluetooth
  6. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I use bluetooth file transfer from the market on 2.1 and that works. it didn't with 1.5 at all but is allowed now with 2.1. Hope that offers some assistance.
  7. NemesisEnforcer

Thx for the suggestions but I have try bluetooth file transfer with no luck.I keep getting the error I mention in my original post about Obex.Thx though!
  8. latinmaxima

Sorry in responding to this again. What system are you connecting to via bluetooth?
  9. Dandruff

Dandruff Member

latinmaxima,

i will list the systems i have tried:

a) BMW X5 - paired / connected everything works except cannot transfer contacts (even 1 by 1)

b) toyota prius - ditto

c) bluetooth OBD 2 reader elm 327 (for apps like TORQUE in the mrket) ... pairs but does not connect ...

from what I have gathered is that the 2.1/ dd10 still has the old BT stack - so it still doesnt have OBEX / OPP ... so i dont think anyone can truly do OBEX OPP ... i truly hope i am wrong ...
  10. latinmaxima

Well damn I just ordered an OBDII scanner from ebay to use torque. Hope this works or I just have to wait. Let me check about the contact transfers with my sony headunit later today. I really only use it to listen to music and take calls. don't use it to dial out. I dial from the phone at lights.
  11. Dandruff

Dandruff Member

I am in touch with Ian Hawking, the programmer who wrote TORQUE - I have already sent him Moment comm log - and he came to the same conclusion about Samsung Bt stack ... maybe you can send him your comm log (from within Torque) - maybe that will help him decipher Moment ...

Ian's last update did fix something on the HTC Desire BT ... who knows ... I so hope urs works and then he can figure out Samsung's BT ... heres to hope!
  12. Dandruff

Dandruff Member

YAYYYY ! its working with the DE03 2.1 :D

tried the BT with torque and it works ... this is NOW a truly great phone :D
  13. latinmaxima

This is great news. I updated everything last night but I didn't have time this morning to check it with my mac again or the headunit. Glad to hear it. It was listed in the tar previously but perhaps the permissions weren't allowed. Glad it is now! Hope this helps nemesis as well!
  14. kbearmoney

kbearmoney Well-Known Member

I tried following the posts but I can't understand the lingo used. So . . . I have the unofficial 2.1 update 1, kernel ver 2.6.29, baseband DDO3. Have no idea what it means, but it's what I got. I also have a plantronic voyager 855 bluetooth. I've got the Bluetooth file manager app and it's still not working. I tried to send something to my brother (t-mobile, but android phone) and I get that same error. Is there something I can do to fix this.
  15. Dandruff

Dandruff Member

you need to upgrade to DE03 - the official and/or rooted 2.1 (not the DD03 or DD10 or DD16) - the leaked 2.1 which you got did not have the BT stack updated.

once you get the DE03 2.1 - you will be all set. best of luck!

16. kbearmoney

kbearmoney Well-Known Member

If I get the rooted 2.1 will it wipe everything I have? If not, where do I get the rooted 2.1?