• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Obsolete] [UAYOR] [TWRP] Fix SystemUI and Setting Force Closes.

This has been patched by @vm03 in the latest commits. Any build after 5/13 does not need this patch. Although other ROMs might still need this.

[UAYOR] means Use At Your Own Risk.

VERY BIG DISCLAIMER:

I, LitrosNub, or anyone else. Are not responsible for doing this fix and brick your device, the fix may cause some security problems and if your device gets destroyed by a hacker. That's your problem for doing this TEMP fix. Not ours. Thank you for reading this.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

If you get Force Closes when trying to access Security or Lock Screen on Settings, use this method. It works too!

Step 1:
Go to Mount:

ukVyEqd.png

Step 2:
Enable System Partition, it should show an X in the tickbox. If its already there, proceed:

OaDRx7k.png

Step 3:
Click on Advanced:

GULAzJu.png

Step 4:
Click Terminal Command:

3PtUGfY.png

Step 5:
Scroll Down to System:

vQavcVV.png

Step 6:
Find Lib:

uzQ4iHM.png

Step 6:
Find HW:

cXrR4w4.png

Step 7:
Click select:

ZQrDahL.png

Step 8:
Type LS then click the enter:

19CNyRJ.png

Step 9:
Type rm keystore.msm8610.so click enter:

8TeWjEx.png

Step 10:
Reboot, enjoy the lockscreen and no more Force Close!

Special Thanks to:

@Bad_MOFO_33 (for finding the method)
@zlaja84 and @vm03 just for being awesome ;)
@DevMyAndroid tagging me all the time to try out new methods :p

Last edited:
I would like to say thank you, I can finally flash an 5.1.1 rom on my MS323, I just want to know What security problems will we face by doing this?
From a few posts from @vm03 it MIGHT (look at the big letters) cause problems. It might not. Right now, using it for a day, I've experienced nothing so far. So all is well, but it MIGHT cause some later down the line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From a few posts from @vm03 it MIGHT (look at the big letters) cause problems. I might not. Right now, using it for a day, I've experienced nothing so far. So all is well, but it MIGHT cause some later down the line.
I think you're safe if you used Slim 5.0.2 before. Unknowingly to me, that rom was built without keystore :D You learn everyday, I guess...

Upvote 0
Pico from the thread on xda which I linked in my roms? Then keystore is definitely the culprit. I use the same gapps on my d320n and my security works.

Btw, I'm really glad that you people with ms323 can finally use lollipop :)

Yes, the same one from xda. I'm glad as well lol, I was able to use Lollipop but not 5.1.1 without the ui crashing until this method came out.

Upvote 0
Had to remove my CWM 6.0.5.0 [best recovery for me at least] and flash TWRP i followed all the steps correctly removed the keystore and the keys still dont function properly Halp me tried twice and says not found thats how i know i properly removed ....
k Thanks
Because it's not for keys. Its for the lockscreen force closes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones