• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Obtainging Android App Project Files from Developer

AKESebby

Lurker
Oct 4, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am very new to app development and this forum, but have done a lot of outsourcing.

I currently have been outsourcing my first Android app for the last few months. It is starting to look very good. As work full-time in addition to other projects I didn't really do as much research as what would seem like I needed to before outsourcing.

It would appear Android App Project files are not entirely loaded into Google Play and not uploaded onto my hosting solution? Is this correct? If so very much different to outsourcing website as c panel contains all development working files and makes me very uncomfortable to not have all project files.

I just installed Android Studio and have been reading about migrating Android SDK projects files to Android Studio. Would anyone be able to give me additional into or links to some reading material about this?

Is the APK file good enough? If not what do I need to get from developer to ensure I have control over this project?

Thankfully, I have done a lot of work with this developer and think both of us value the relationship.

Kind Regards,
Alex

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones