1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Obtaining IP addressSupport

1. Tobu91

Tobu91 New Member

Hello, I just got a Samsung Galaxy S plus. Now I know this is the Galaxy S forum but there is no S Plus forum and I figured that they are quite identical anyway. The phone would be amazing if it weren't driving me crazy with this silly bug. Whenever I try to connect to my wi-fi network it says: Obtaining IP address from (network name). I have tried everything, spent the last two hours searching for fixes and i've got nothing. I've tried to reset my phone, my router, did a hard reset to phone and nothing. I'm really getting depressed right here because the phone is awesome and all but half of it's features still need internet.

Any help would be absolutely awesome!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Have you tried other WiFi networks? To determine if the issue is with the router or device. Also, router model and security used (WEP/WPA) may be helpful.
  3. Tobu91

Tobu91 New Member

I haven't tried other wifi networks yet, since there simply are none. When I go to school on Friday I will try the wifi there.
    My router is a Thomson TG784 and the security is WEP
  4. Ijaz Ahmed

Ijaz Ahmed Well-Known Member

It seems that your WiFi router's DHCP is NOT configured to assign auto IP and your phone is configured for use on Auto IP assigned by router, so phone is not getting any IP address from the router.

Settings-->Wireless and network-->WiFi settings

Here press Menu Key and select Advanced, now scroll down and in IP settings, see if Use static IP is checked or not ? If iti is un-checked, that means router must assign IP to the phone.

Now it's time to check if your router is set in DHCP mode and assigning auto IPs.