Obtaining IP adress for 4g - Orlando

Last Updated:

1. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to connect to 4g it says there is a network available but stays stuck on the 'obtaining ip adress' screen. I am located in Orlando which is one of the upcoming cities for 4g. Does this mean that the antenna is there but not yet strong enough or what?

Advertisement
  2. beezy

beezy Active Member

I hope so. I'm in Orlando too and I've been excited to get it here. I got to try it out when i went to Atlanta recently, its a lot faster even if it is a battery killer its good to have when you need it

3. I[E

I[E Active Member

where abouts in Orlando are you picking up a signal? I haven't seen anything yet.

4. MSmith

MSmith Member

Take the phone back. There is something wrong with it. And do it ASAP. I had the same problem with my phone. If it is at the point of "obtaining an ip address" it should find one. If it doesn't there is something wrong with the 4G radio. You can call tech support and they will have you wipe the phone, reprogram, etc. but at the end of the day, you are going to have to return it.

Speaking from experience here. Trust me. I got a replacement and I never see that "obtaining" message again. You can google the "obtaining ip address evo 4g" phrase. You'll see the same results.

Good luck.

MS

5. Loonytunes

Loonytunes Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen in Orlando.. Got the signal on Universal Blvd.. Stuck on obtaining ip address.. I have used 4g in other cities, so I dont know what the above post is talking about.. I am sure it is just not ready in Orlando yet..

6. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

Same thing here. Orlando, waiting for the freaking Wimax to get here.

7. iboombastic

iboombastic Well-Known Member

Lol getting exited can't wait

8. Bruse Wayne

Bruse Wayne Active Member

Any idea when 4g is coming to O-town ?

9. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member

My phone does this too. I live by UCF and the 4G says "obtaining IP address from Sprint" but it never resolves.

Do I really need to go and exchange my phone? It seems like a software issue.

10. buMitch333

buMitch333 Well-Known Member

o man had no idea it was coming to orlando! i wonder how far it reaches outside of orlando b/c im about 10-15 minutes away... prolly nothing for me lol

11. Premonition

Premonition Well-Known Member

Whenever you see the message "obtaining ip address" its usually the router or systems problem that its coming from not the phones, remember 4G isn't fully ready yet so the setup of configuring the 4G system isn't probably fully operational.

12. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I pick up the signal on I-drive. I do not think its a problem with my phone as 4g is technically not even available here yet. I just think the radios are in the building process and not yet fully developed.

13. i.have.droid

i.have.droid Well-Known Member

Nah. I don't think it is ready yet. I run mine off of wifi for now at home and the speed is unreal.

14. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

your phone will see the 4g signal but does not have permission to connect yet..

The phones have to be give permission to access the network.. You will also probably need an prl update before the phone is able to see all of the towers/antennaes..

15. Evulution

Evulution Banned

Did you not read any of the posts already posted? 4G isn't ready yet in Orlando. My phone does the same thing in certain parts of the city where we DON'T have 4G in Abilene, Texas! Certain areas of the city does have it.