Obtaining IP / Unsuccessful connectionSupport

1. ErickaAnne

ErickaAnne New Member

OOOOOk i'm pretty frustrated with this, but maybe you guys can help

I previously had a samsung moment that began to say, "unable to scan" anyways after searching the internet for a day and a half, i was unable to fix it with my limited knowledge of the technology.

I took it to sprint and so were they. They gave me a new phone, a samsung transform. Anyways, so I connected to the wifi at sprint and at work, but at home, it gets stuck at "Obtaining IP address from ***"and then goes to unsucessfull

I have tried restarting my phone. Turing on and off both modem and router. They are both from Comcast and I have never had a problem bringing computers into the house and connecting them to wifi. I called Comcast they said they see no reason for the problem but do not troubleshoot phones. It is a new phone and connects everywhere else. I have never had a problem before with ipod touch or other cell phones or computers. I would love an answer because it is a very frustrating situation.

Any solutions appreciated, however I hope that you don't mind explaining it in pretty simple terms I know virtually nothing about networking etc.

Thank you guys very much.

Advertisement
  2. ErickaAnne

ErickaAnne New Member

Also I DEFINITELY have the password right, and it says that the security is WEP (mind you i don't know what that exactly means, but trying to include as much details as possible.)
  3. ErickaAnne

ErickaAnne New Member

annnnnd after two days of seeing me frustrated trying everything I know, my boyfriend sees me typing on here and gives it a try. 10 seconds later its connected perfectly. Shoot me now.
  4. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Well-Known Member

Uhhhh... Welcome to the forums. ^^'