• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Obtaining MSL on EVO V?

Reshy

Lurker
May 17, 2014
Hello, I seem to be having difficulties obtaining my MSL for my phone and I've looked up other methods and they don't seem to be working anymore. I know the phone stopped being new ages ago but I'm still using it. My carrier is Virgin Mobile, if that helps.

Tried using Logcat/Catlog and there is no MSL information located in the logs from ##3282# so maybe it was changed.

Using the MEID converter gave me a wrong number which it says is the MSL but is rejected by the system.

Any help I can be given would be much appreciated.

The problem is that in the 'Advanced' settings the RSTP/HTTP is inaccessible don't operate. I cannot access them even in edit mode.

EDIT: I flashed a stock rom and the option itself has disappeared entirely.

Also it seems like my phone company is starting to throttle my internet for no reason, so a bypass is preferred.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones