Obvious, but zero brightness makes huge difference in battery life.

Last Updated:

1. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Your eyes will adjust quickly and the screen will be plenty bright except outdoors.

Advertisements
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Using the app Quick Settings (free in the Market) makes screen go 1-2 levels lower than stock "0"...almost as dim as lock screen brightness.

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I only use the lowest setting. It's like people who own flat screen TVs and have to have their settings at the store-level brightness, i.e. full bloom. Unnecessary. My phone regularly finishes the day with 50% on average left.

4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I also find the lowest stock setting to be plenty bright 95% of the time. The only time I bump it up is outdoors in direct sunlight. At night I think I could deal with the brightness even lower.

5. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

don't you feel as if you lose a lot of the color and vibrancy that the screen can offer at such a low resolution?

6. itsHumble

itsHumble Member

Maybe it's just me and this being a brand new phone to me, but I love the brightness on about 50% and can't see myself really going any lower than that. It just looks way too good to not have it up a little :D

7. SaosinEngaged

SaosinEngaged Member

I can disable GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, set the screen to 0, and only use the phone to make calls and text, and I can pull 3 days without a charge.

....but what the hell then, is the point of having a Droid? An awesome phone with the most customizable and entertaining operating system out there?

Guys, I leave the screen up at 90%, I enjoy looking at the beautiful vibrant screen. I enjoy the features of this phone, and just suck up the extra charging. I paid money to use this as a multi-device with sky's the limit capability, and that's what I'm going to use it as. So what if I have to charge twice a day. That's what a second charger and a car charger are for.

I'm not going to squeeze the soul out of the phone to milk the battery for a few extra hours.

8. boycan

boycan Well-Known Member

+10 :d

9. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

10. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member

i just put the power widget which shows bt, wifi, brightness and gps, i enable disable each w/ the press of a button when i need to utilized each feature. inside buildings/nightlife= brightness at 0, outside/bright area bump it up, and it doesnt hurt when u bump it up and ppl say WOW, thats a nice screen lol.

11. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member

and yesss, i use all functionality of the phone..i just hate having to wory about bat life when its down to 20 %.. and for us who work during the day.. no point in having all the settings running high all day waising blife. (gps,sync,screen brightnesslevel)