• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OC Kernel keeps going back from 1300 to stock 1000 on reboots

<optional(only do after thoroughly testing what works for your DroidX in setscaling.sh)>
# cp install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
# chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
</optional>

# mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mcblk1p21 /system

Run Instructions

adb/terminal:

$ su
# insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko
# setscaling.sh

Run ALL of these in order?
I don't think I did it because it said optional, and there was no explanation as to what it did.

Upvote 0
<optional(only do after thoroughly testing what works for your DroidX in setscaling.sh)>
# cp install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
# chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
</optional>

I don't think I did it because it said optional, and there was no explanation as to what it did.

Mount R/W before those two steps. Mount back to R/O afterward. That will make your changes permanent.

The install-recovery.sh script simply includes the insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko and /system/xbin/setscaling.sh commands. It will be run on boot, resetting the frequency and voltage options you've put in your setscaling.sh file every reboot.

Make sure that your phone is stable at the values in your setscaling.sh before you make it permanent. Also, if you decide to try different values (higher clock, lower voltage, etc), I'd suggest renaming the install-recovery.sh script to a .bak before doing so. Otherwise, you may get stuck in a boot loop if the CPU isn't able to operate on the new settings (and this script is constantly trying to set those values).

Reactions: inssane
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones