OC Past 864MHz

1. MackDaddy2013

MackDaddy2013 Member

How does one overclock the Avail past 864MHz? Is it possible?

Advertisement
  2. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

Its completely possible with the proper kernel. The kernel limits determine Max clock speed.
  3. jamespfassett

jamespfassett Well-Known Member

...as well as using a few factors like how much heat your chipset can survive to determine if its worth it or not. More Mhz =more heat and strain on the prosseser. I have noticed that my phone actually seems runs faster clocked down a bit from the max.

The safety of your device needs to be taken into consideration.
  4. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

It'll run up to 125* (ask me how I know via PM ;) ). It does get highly unstable at those temps though.
  5. MackDaddy2013

MackDaddy2013 Member

I am not worried about overheating here in Alaska. My device never gets hotter than 25 degrees Celsius.
  6. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

There's a rumor of a kernel with a Max clock of 1.5ghz. Its not readily available at this time, but, I bet it will be soon. I've heard its completely stable at 1.2, but the heat is an issue. It shouldn't be a problem in Alaska though.
  7. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

I had mine locked at 846 least night for a few hours. in the middle of a phone call I could still hear the other person but they couldn't hear me. I looked at the screen & it just showed the boot screen. After a few minuets I pulled the battery.

The phone was hot so I assume the two was related.