OC/Temps with Sholes 2.0.3

Last Updated:

1. ss4luck

ss4luck Member This Topic's Starter

I got sholes from the market last night and i absolutely LOVE it. I just have a few questions about my OC profile and a temp monitor

Right now my profile is set to
    Charging:
    Max 1
    min 250

Sleep/Standby:
    Max 550
    Min 125

Power <100%
    Max 800
    Min 250

Failsafe
    Max 550
    Min 125

Do those look ok?

Also what program works with Sholes to monitor battery and CPU temps??

thanks

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Charging:
    max 1
    min 250

I am guessing you meant max 1000/1ghz? That is way high for charging, well to me anyway. I would stick to 550max 250min for charging and sleep. What are you OC'd to outside of the profiles? 800 or higher? If it is higher then 800 then your never getting the full speed because you have the Power <100% set to 800 so once our battery drops below 100% your at 800 instead of 1ghz.

3. ss4luck

ss4luck Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah by max 1 I mean 1000. Outside orofiles I'm clocked at 1G max 250 min. I moved charging down to 550 and moved battery under 100% to 1G, sound better??

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Perfect.

5. Soullous

Soullous Member

Setting the battery < 100% is pointless. You're better off just turning that profile off if that's what you want to do, since that is the normal case. The purpose of the battery level profile is to throttle down the cpu when the battery gets too low in order to squeeze a little bit more time out of the battery. Mine, for example is set to:
    Battery < 15% = 250 min - 550 max
    From reading the posts on here, it seems that most people seem to be setting this threshold higher, and will throttle down when battery < 25% or 40%. Battery < 100%, though, is what it's going to be at pretty much whenever it's not charging, so this is going to be overriding your default setting on the main screen all the time.

In short, your settings on the main screen are your defaults. This will be the setting that takes effect when you are running on batteries, and is pretty much the same as setting a profile for battery < 100%. The profiles are ways to scale down the default cpu settings when certain criteria are met in order to save battery life. These settings should be the exceptions, not the rules.