• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root oc with stock rom

soada101

Dec 9, 2009
Hey just wondering if anyone ca just tell me how to oc with stock rom... i keep finding everything else that is old from oct and kinda doesnt apply now!?!?!?!?! i used gfree to root and dont care to put new roms at this moment just want it oc..... any help is greatly appreciated! i used gingervillian rom and had it 1.516 but kept getting prob with "waking" the phone or coming out of standby thanks~!~

wow just thanks beyond thanks! why i love this site! i really dont like the roms... i actually like the stock rom! i like some of the extra feat u can do on cy but im having problems with it with my connectivity.... im ALWAYS on 3g inseatd of "h" (4g) until i actually use something... my wife has g2 also (100% stock) and side by side hers has "h" ....but when i actually go into apps that require net it takes a sec for it to connect then it goes h THEN decides to go !!! so stock rom im going back to !
edit : if you by any chance have a solution that would be awesome! i posted on there site but no responses!

Upvote 0
The stock rom doesn't have an icon for "3G". It shows "H" for utms and hspa. I think htc or tmo did this to make people think they are getting a better connection than they really are. On CM you connect to 3G(utms) most of the time and H only if using data. I think that cuts down on bandwidth usage not using H to push email and mms.

Reactions: soada101
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones